Honored Contributor

Re: LIGHTLY SEASONAL LIVING ROOM

@Oznell   I like everything about the room except the furniture...rich color/s like sage, burgundy, chestnut brown, and slate blue would be nice Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Very incisive comment, @Irish1210 ,  re those curtains hung so high!   I'm normally in favor of them being hung *somewhat* higher than the window itself, to elongate and draw the eye upward.  But you are right, here it looks strangely awkward.

Part of the problem seems to be, in addition to curtains being hung excessively high, the casing around the windows is very thick, sticking out too far into the room, and sort of 'pushing' the curtains out.  Good call!

Honored Contributor

This room is pretty and inviting. The only thing I really don't like is the crest. I would feel very different about it if it was my personal family crest.
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell You always find the most intriguing rooms!  I do like the space, as one other poster mentioned the piece over the fireplace isn't for me nor is the chandelier.  Otherwise I do like that space.

Honored Contributor

I love this room with the exception of the Chandelier, and the thing-not sure what it is called above the fireplace....Love the colors and the warmth that the room exudes. 

Honored Contributor

I do like it, but for myself I would change the crest above the fireplace, the coffee table, and the drapes. it is definitely warm and inviting and I would feel at home in that setting.

Esteemed Contributor

I love all the pops of color here but, overall, it's still too heavy on the neutrals.  I like the chandelier but would definitely change out that family crest thing over the fireplace.  Some color on the walls would help this tremendously.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like the colorful accessories with the neutral furniture, wall color, and beautiful floor. Looks like autumn and is very appealing to me. I don't like the crest, chandelier, or the way the drapes were hung above the windows. I'd probably use a different coffee table. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Mostly, I love this room - in particular:  the sofa & seating, ceiling, walls & floors.  I don't like any of the accessories, rugs or ceiling light.  Of course, they can be "kicked out."  Woman Wink

Thanks for sharing.