Frequent Contributor

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....

To those looking for "paper houses"  please check out Bethany Lowe on Ebay.  Look for her ornaments that can be used in a cloche. They are small enough to use in cloche's.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone, Free Shipping at Joanns today only, 8-5 I think.  I wish QVC would have more for us crafters.

Honored Contributor

@LIL EARL  Thanks, I'm going to check it out now.

Valued Contributor

@country gal wrote:

at Joann's site. On sale. Some available in store, some only online. I'm interested in some for winter themed cloches I want to create. They don't give measurements, except some are called ornaments and one higher priced one is called large and one says 11". I will have to see them in person for what I need. I know VPH has had these in the past, but I wasn't interested then. Don't know how her  prices compared. Thought maybe some of you might "need" these. HTH

I had to look at Joann's website so I could see what all you were talking about. When I read the title, I thought it was something like paper dolls years ago. I had a Night Before Christmas house punchouts when I was young, and I set that thing up and redo the rooms differently each year. One day, it was gone from the Christmas boxes. I keep looking for something like that now. The moral of my story: don't get rid of your children's stuff without asking.

Back to the vintage houses. Are these at the stores now? I want to see them in person. There are many kinds of houses online I noticed.

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

at Joann's site. On sale. Some available in store, some only online. I'm interested in some for winter themed cloches I want to create. They don't give measurements, except some are called ornaments and one higher priced one is called large and one says 11". I will have to see them in person for what I need. I know VPH has had these in the past, but I wasn't interested then. Don't know how her  prices compared. Thought maybe some of you might "need" these. HTH

@country gal  Yeah, size large just don't tell me anything, does it you?  Small could be two inches and large four inches..  Oh, well, I don't need to order them online any way.  Tired of being disappointed when my order comes in.  I think we can figure a size for the ornament ones.  I've seen them on trees so pretty much know about them.  Their discription of the ornament ones is misleading to me as they would probably be too small to use where they suggest.  What are you planning to do in your cloches, use any small deer or other animals?  I love winter scenes with animals, especially deer.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@country gal  Yeah, size large just don't tell me anything, does it you?  Small could be two inches and large four inches..  Oh, well, I don't need to order them online any way.  Tired of being disappointed when my order comes in.  I think we can figure a size for the ornament ones.  I've seen them on trees so pretty much know about them.  Their discription of the ornament ones is misleading to me as they would probably be too small to use where they suggest.  What are you planning to do in your cloches, use any small deer or other animals?  I love winter scenes with animals, especially deer.

Lucy, I plan on putting a small house/cabin, some bottlebrush trees, and deer in my cloche. I'll check out the miniatures aisle also and see what else I can find, perhaps a cute bunny. I have a string of battery operated mini lights from Big Lots that I would like to conceal in it somehow so it could light up at night. That's the plan...we'll see how it goes.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Hi Everyone, Free Shipping at Joanns today only, 8-5 I think.  I wish QVC would have more for us crafters.

Thanks for this info. There is one of the houses that I really like that is not available in my store, only online. If I don't like it in person I can always return it to the store for a refund.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I just ordered one of the houses that was not in stock at my J's. Thanks, again....it saved me $6.95 shipping!

Respected Contributor

These paper houses are too cute at Joanns. I make them by hand with the craft group I am a member of. We made many last year for a charity. They sold like hotcakes. I don't display villages/houses at all in my Christmas decorating as I never liked the villages so the extra I made, I gave some out for gifts last year. 

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I just ordered one of the houses that was not in stock at my J's. Thanks, again....it saved me $6.95 shipping!

@country gal  YW.   I just ordered three of the ornament houses and the free ship saved me $7.95, gave me close to a free house.  Thank you for pointing out the houses at Joanns.  I'll use them in cloches or somewhere.