Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Different but not for me.  I do not care for the winding stairway and I hope someone is around to keep the pond pristine.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Different but not for me.  I do not care for the winding stairway and I hope someone is around to keep the pond pristine.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm not cleaning the pond.  😄

Respected Contributor

@spiderw 

I agree that it would have to be kept pristine.  If not, could develop an odor.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor
I love this, if I had this kind of money I would definitely hire a “Pond boy” to clean it. Beautiful space!
Honored Contributor

A high-end pond like that would typically have a filter room nearby where a rotary drum filter would remove coarse solids and then a biofilter, likely a Bakki shower on the high-end side, to remove organic waste, then a final water-polishing filter and a UV sterilizer. The water coming out of such a filter system is typically purer than your drinking water. A bigger issue is humidity control within the house. That much exposed water can lead to big time issues over the lifespan of a home. Mold and fungus growth can become a problem unless the humidity is controlled. I like the idea of an indoor pool (for either swimming or koi) but the whole house needs to be built to deal with the moisture issue such features bring with them. My big issue with that pond is there's no real place to just sit and enjoy watching the fish.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of a hotel lobby.  LOL

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Reminds me of a hotel lobby.  LOL

My thoughts exactly @Bri369!  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

NOPE

Respected Contributor

I like it but wouldn't want it in my home.