Honored Contributor

Re: Knit and Crochet Now - does anyone watch this?

@house_cat wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Too much focus on crochet for me when I have seen it and not particularly up to date with what's going on in the yarn world.  Concept is good needs work 

It think it varies. Today's episode was predominantly knitting - of which I know nothing!

Do you subscribe to any yarnwork magazines? I see there are a couple out there and I'm wondering if any of them are worthwhile.

I used to but once Ravelry came along and the knitting world exploded on the web I stopped.  Our library system here has lots of them too, as well as mags avail to read on devices via zinio 

Regular Contributor

I get the show on my local PBS every Sat morning.  But if you don't have cable you can still access the show -- and all the patterns from all the previous 7 years of the show (free) -- on the "annies catalog dot com" web page and then click on Knit and Crochet Now link.  Annie's bought out the show a couple years ago from Candi Jensen, I believe, who was the original creator.  Annie's is also the publisher of "Crochet!", "Crochet World" and "Creative Kniting;" and the company also puts on a couple crafting festival shows each year; the next one is coming up in October in South Bend.  You can sign up for the e-mail newletter which will give you details for the festival as they are finalized.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I'e only seen the show a few times, because it airs infrequently and I don't have a DVR.  I noticed this week that the previous host is no longer on the show - replaced by Deborah Norville.  Does anyone know why?  I really enjoyed the other girl.

Yes, I watch this every Tue and Th on our Create channel.  I agree that I like Bret Bara better than Deborah.  Maybe we'll get used to her.  Sometimes their camera work isn't the greatest either, but I do like watching how their work comes together.

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

I get the show on my local PBS every Sat morning.  But if you don't have cable you can still access the show -- and all the patterns from all the previous 7 years of the show (free) -- on the "annies catalog dot com" web page and then click on Knit and Crochet Now link.  Annie's bought out the show a couple years ago from Candi Jensen, I believe, who was the original creator.  Annie's is also the publisher of "Crochet!", "Crochet World" and "Creative Kniting;" and the company also puts on a couple crafting festival shows each year; the next one is coming up in October in South Bend.  You can sign up for the e-mail newletter which will give you details for the festival as they are finalized.

Thank you! I often hear them say you can view old episodes, but in my experience with other shows, this tends to lead me on a wild goose chase that usually ends with a request for paying to sign up.  I'm glad this is different.  I'm going to check it out right now!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees

Here is the link you were referring to:

Knit and Crochet Now

As you can see, there is a sign-up fee, but it's a reasonable one. I'll be purchasing access. I enjoy the show. For anyone not interested, there are hundreds of how-to videos available on YouTube, many of which are excellent.

Thanks again, forest4thetrees

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

HouseCat the link you posted is to WATCH the episodes on the computer..........what I gave you is to look at the designs offered in each episode FREE and download the instructions to complete each project.

Sorry for the confusion.

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

HouseCat the link you posted is to WATCH the episodes on the computer..........what I gave you is to look at the designs offered in each episode FREE and download the instructions to complete each project.

Sorry for the confusion.

No need to apologize. I did also want to watch the episodes.  I've been sick the last couple of days, so I had time to watch and I've been enjoying them. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Knit and Crochet Now has their own web-site: I haven't been on it in awhile, but you used to be able to view episodes, see a list of projects for each show and print patterns. A couple of months ago, they announced in their news letter that Vickie Howell would be replaced by Deborah Norville, and now that I think about it, I think I know why: the show does get sponsorship from yarn manufacturers.....Deborah has her own line....

Poodlepet2