Honored Contributor

Knit and Crochet Now - does anyone watch this?

I'e only seen the show a few times, because it airs infrequently and I don't have a DVR.  I noticed this week that the previous host is no longer on the show - replaced by Deborah Norville.  Does anyone know why?  I really enjoyed the other girl.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Knit and Crochet Now - does anyone watch this?

My Time Warner Cable doesn't carry it.  I am curious to know what channel brings it to you.  I am envious that you receive it, no matter who the host is!

Trusted Contributor

I get it on the Create channel-it might be a PBS.I read somewhere that Deborah Norville is the new host. She doesn't seem as talented a knitter as the prior host.

Valued Contributor

We get it on our local PBS station - every morning 9:00AM.

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

My Time Warner Cable doesn't carry it.  I am curious to know what channel brings it to you.  I am envious that you receive it, no matter who the host is!

I get it through TWC and I have basic service. On my system its channel #1271 which is the Create channel. I rarely get to watch it, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the programming schedule. However, the previous host was a lovely girl and I really enjoyed her. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Too much focus on crochet for me when I have seen it and not particularly up to date with what's going on in the yarn world.  Concept is good needs work 

Super Contributor

Thanks, House-cat and wink- wink.  I don't seem get the Create channel, and it definitely isn't on our pbs station.  Amazing how much variability there is nowadays.  I will keep watching for it.  Do you remember Knitty Gritty from a few years ago?  Lots of variety and certainly fun to watch.  It amazes me with all the diy and reality programming that a fiber arts show couldn't fit into some time slot at least once a week.  Enjoy your weekend!  (It's raining in So Cal so I am  finishing a cardigan as I watch The Masters on tv.  Life is good!)

Respected Contributor

That sounds like a great show, but our PBS doesn't get it, and I don't subscribe to tv service. I did away with that some 7 years ago and don't miss it at all.
Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

Thanks, House-cat and wink- wink.  I don't seem get the Create channel, and it definitely isn't on our pbs station.  Amazing how much variability there is nowadays.  I will keep watching for it.  Do you remember Knitty Gritty from a few years ago?  Lots of variety and certainly fun to watch.  It amazes me with all the diy and reality programming that a fiber arts show couldn't fit into some time slot at least once a week.  Enjoy your weekend!  (It's raining in So Cal so I am  finishing a cardigan as I watch The Masters on tv.  Life is good!)

Yes, I don't understand the cable market. My mom's apartment is a mile from mine and they have all different channels and numbers. It's so confusing.  We are sitting here, watching the rain, with the fire going and yesterday it was 90+ degrees.  My brother is on his way driving from LAX and will inevitably be stuck in lots and lots of traffic.  The only way it could be nicer is if I wasn't dealing with this stomach flu that hit me like a locomotive last night.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Too much focus on crochet for me when I have seen it and not particularly up to date with what's going on in the yarn world.  Concept is good needs work 

It think it varies. Today's episode was predominantly knitting - of which I know nothing!

Do you subscribe to any yarnwork magazines? I see there are a couple out there and I'm wondering if any of them are worthwhile.

~ house cat ~