Valued Contributor

I actually like it!  I would have one side for clean dishes & pans to drain.  The other side I could use for prepping food & cleaning veggies, etc.  Wash them and put them right down to start peeling & cutting, and opening packages of meat to keep contamination of raw juices to easy to clean porcelain surface.  Would save me from going back & forth to my table to prep since I haven't got too much counter space available with appliances.

Honored Contributor

Is it possible that this is a vintage sink and this is a house that has been refurbished and parts that were there from the genesis were maintained in order to give the house is charm and character of a bygone era.

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

My grandmother had this exact sink. I really like it. It reminds me of her and family which makes me like it even more. I can see myself as a kid standing at the sink (scratches and all) washing her pink floral dishes... talking and laughing. Good memories for me.

Pretty, simple, and appealing to me.

@DREAMONI think we had the same grandmother!  As soon as I saw that sink it brought back beautiful memories.  Such wonderful times spent with her in her simple kitchen. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@wilma @Not a fan of the sink but HATE any stove on the island.  I personally find that to be dangerous.   I love to cook and I would be afraid it would be messy too!

Honored Contributor

I like it.  Depending upon what we can't see, I think this kitchen could use a little more work space.

It's not really my style, but I find it appealing.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Is it possible that this is a vintage sink and this is a house that has been refurbished and parts that were there from the genesis were maintained in order to give the house is charm and character of a bygone era.

@Nonametoday 

Possibly. I'll see if I can find any detailed info on it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I recall my grandmother having a sink like that in her very large (and very plain white) kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday 
I was able to find that this kitchen is from an HGTV online set of photos on cottage style kitchens. It mentions that price and stock of items in the photos could vary after publishing date of Dec 2020. 

Trusted Contributor

My grandma had the same sink only hers only had the left side "wings". The left side  also had a self contained drain board with the raised gutters. To see this sink is very nostalgic to me. Grandma's kitchen was so simple, yet she produced huge feasts in it.

I don't care for the island. I like kitchen tables. The worst part, for me, is the stove in the island. It doean't make sense to have it there imo. But I do like the overall feel of the kitchen. Some nice appointments. Floor is stunning too.

Thanks for the post @wilma 

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge Your sink is my NC grandmother's sink. I remember standing on a chair to help her. Thank you for the lovely memory 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau