Respected Contributor

I love everything about that kitchen...I'd jump at the chance to have a sink like that in mine & you can do prep on it. Thanks for sharing @wilma ❤

Respected Contributor

I can't get beyond the huge sink area & island/stove counter, so I guess it's a NOPE.

Trusted Contributor

I like it!  Old fashioned in a modern kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen with Huge Sink

[ Edited ]

I grew up with a sink like that.  You put the dirty dishes to the left, wash them in the sink, then drain them to dry on the right.

I am a big cook and some of my pots are big enough to use for children's bathtubs.  A sink that that works really well for large pots and pans and they are great if you can foods.

i would love a sink like that in my kitchen.  I do have a larger than usual sink, but it's not as nice as those old fashioned ones.  They are super expensive  to buy one today.

77D4EE28-CE24-4065-AC11-E1E43B62DC06.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of anything in this kitchen and especially the divided bar counter area.

Honored Contributor

The sink size is not for me, I agree about that look.  Also I do not care for the stove location and combination eating area.  I prefer a dining table and chairs and the stove along the wall.  The rest of the kitchen has its appeal.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I like it because of the memories.. my grandmother had one like it. I remember eating in her kitchen then washing dishes while looking out the window.

I like it a lot, it'd look better in a bigger space probably.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I realize retro sinks are gaining momentum and there is something I like about them but no, I don't care for this sink in this context, though I do, overall, like the kitchen, despite the dark counters and the lights.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like the sink, I detest the island/counter for it's wasted work space.  I don't run a bar/restaurant at home so I'm not going to pretend like I do with this kind of design; I don't mind chairs or stools pulled up to a working island and that's where space here could have been put to practical use.

Respected Contributor

At first glance, I thought it was a bathtub.  I wouldn't like that for myself but I can see how it would be functional.