Contributor

Do any of you have a red kitchen? By that, I mean your wall, do you have your walls painted red? My kitchen walls are Red, but I've grown tired of it.

Super Contributor
I have red walls in my breakfast area and tan walls in the working part of the kitchen. The tan is barely seen due to cupboards, windows, appliances etc. I get tired of the red sometimes, but always get a lot of compliments on how cozy it is. Plus, red enhances your appetitive (maybe not a good thing?) .
Trusted Contributor
On 6/14/2014 August37 said:

Do any of you have a red kitchen? By that, I mean your wall, do you have your walls painted red? My kitchen walls are Red, but I've grown tired of it.

Yes. I believe my kitchen is Daiquiri Red. I am also tired of it. My daughter suggested gray. I thought she was joking, but it is a popular color now. I picked up some color books and they showed the gray with the same green I already have in the living and dining rooms.

I am considering it.

Honored Contributor

No, but my sister in law does,she has red walls and accents of yellow and green-very colorful and pretty-she has had it for about 4 years-I don't think she is tired of it yet though!!!!!!!She is a huge red lover and has accents of red all through her house!

Honored Contributor

No but I once had a TV room (small room) painted red with black leather (naugahide) furniture in it.

It was amazing!

Honored Contributor

I once had a room with black leather furniture and red carpet and drapes - I got tired of it quickly.It had white walls.

Super Contributor

Red is my favorite color, and over the years, I've used it in many different areas in my home - including my kitchen. (I repaint often because I enjoy switching things up.)

However, I stopped using red as a wall color - primarily because I noticed that the room would "shrink" due to the red being so overpowering. Also, light seemed to get swallowed up, which made the rooms seem even smaller. (I live in a small home with tiny rooms.)

So, from now on - I'll stick with using red as an accent color, only. Lesson learned.

Super Contributor
I have a burgundy wall. For years I loved the Tuscany look but have grown tired of it. I am changing the paint to a cottage crieam and the burgundy wall will be red.
Occasional Contributor
On 6/14/2014 debcakes said:On 6/14/2014 August37 said:

Yes. I believe my kitchen is Daiquiri Red. I am also tired of it. My daughter suggested gray. I thought she was joking, but it is a popular color now. I picked up some color books and they showed the gray with the same green I already have in the living and dining rooms.

I am considering it.

I just moved into my new place and had the kitchen redone in gray. Its a great modern neutral that goes well with any accent colors!

Honored Contributor

I have never cared for red painted walls.