Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen cabinets with different colors.....

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I like it in colors (example-white and gray) but not in 2 shades of wood. My neighbor next door just had her older cabinets painted in sage and gray and it looks beautiful.

@DREAMON

Sage and gray! Boy I'd love to see that. Not anything I would have even thought to do, but sounds beautiful.

Yes...she is a lot more adventurous with color than I am. 

She also has all new matte stainless appliances. The appliances compliment the lighter shade of gray in the cabinets nicely. The sage is not too dark. The floor is a weathered grayish wood(with a touch of black and white running through it) and the dining set and hutch are weathered whitewash.

It is  well done. 

The only problem is that now she wants the rest of her house redone to flow with the kitchen.

@DREAMON

I just became aware of the matte appliances and now in colors. I have to wonder how those are about showing finger prints and smudges. 

Any experience or have you heard/read anything about that?

Honored Contributor

I think I like the bottom oneSmiley Happy

I like dark wood a lot and the white makes it look not all too dark.

That didn't sound right but I think you know what I meanSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I like it in colors (example-white and gray) but not in 2 shades of wood. My neighbor next door just had her older cabinets painted in sage and gray and it looks beautiful.

@DREAMON

Sage and gray! Boy I'd love to see that. Not anything I would have even thought to do, but sounds beautiful.

Yes...she is a lot more adventurous with color than I am. 

She also has all new matte stainless appliances. The appliances compliment the lighter shade of gray in the cabinets nicely. The sage is not too dark. The floor is a weathered grayish wood(with a touch of black and white running through it) and the dining set and hutch are weathered whitewash.

It is  well done. 

The only problem is that now she wants the rest of her house redone to flow with the kitchen.

@DREAMON

I just became aware of the matte appliances and now in colors. I have to wonder how those are about showing finger prints and smudges. 

Any experience or have you heard/read anything about that?

She didn't mention anything about fingerprints. I think matte would show less.

I have stainless appliances that came with our house and about once a week I spray them with a stainless cleaner (from Home Depot) and have no problem. I have a lot of family here often (with kids under 3) and I like my stainless. 

I don't know what colors the matte stainless are offered in but I might get tired of colored appliances...gray, white, and black.... that's about all I think I would like.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the second and fourth pics; the others not so much.