Super Contributor

Kitchen Appliances - where did you buy yours?

We're re-doing our kitchen and buying new appliances.  Let's hear where you bought yours .... along with the good, the bad, and ugly!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchen Appliances - where did you buy yours?

I bought mine at P.C. Richard and Karl's Appliance.

Those two stores actually bid for my business in December, 2017. I needed a mid-priced SS dishwasher. Nothing too fancy, as I planned to move in less than 2 years. Great price, free delivery and, very important to me- great followup customer service. I suppose it was largely because I was shopping on the last business day of the year that they were so anxious to get my business.

I would expect to get a significant discount when buying an entire kitchen of appliances.

Stores will have sales next month around Memorial Day, if you can plan for that.

Also, see if you have any "connections". The person I bought my cabinets from put me in touch with someone from corporate and I was able to get a great price on a suite of appliances (fridge, range OTR microwave and dw.)

Trusted Contributor

I bought mine from Lowe's. The delivery went smoothly. I can't speak for the installation since my remodeler and his plumber took care of that.

Honored Contributor

Lowe’s for a washer and dryer two days ago, a dishwasher last November and a refrigerator last July. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Metro Appliances.  Some stores south of us "a piece." 

Respected Contributor

we go to a private appliance store thats family owned. there go so out of there way to answer any questions and if you ask if they can do better on price and depending on how much the price it they will allways knock price down. and they offer free delivery, free removal of old appliance and if you need new hoses of what ever they include it free. first time i hurd you had to pay extra for a hose from big box stores i was shocked. years ago hoses cords or whatever came with a new appliance. if you looking to buy a new appliance good luck and  if you have any mom and pop appliance store.

Honored Contributor

Home Depot.  No problems.  Would buy from the again.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Metro Appliances.  Some stores south of us "a piece." 

Same for me, Metro Appliances. Did a complete kitchen gut ten years ago and all the appliances were G.E. brand. The only "real" thing I dislike is the oven. It blows out hot air into the kitchen when in use and makes this on and off cycling noise. Annoyed the heck outta me at first!!! My previous oven was also a G.E. from back in 1993...it did not blow this hot air out into the room. I've complained about this before and someone here or on Houzz said, "Well, look on the bright side. In the winter when you're baking chocolate chip cookies you'll be heating your house at the same time." LOL!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Refrigerator was from Lowes

Washer/Dryer and Stove from Spencer’s Appliances (Arizona)

Honored Contributor

Sears...

Tall upright freezer & dishwasher - free delivery.

@queendiva"I bought mine at P.C. Richard"

I love the personal service you get from them.  I've purchased all my tvs from them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif