Honored Contributor

This room is what I call Ultra Modern, no color and all clean lines. Not my style at all. Too cold.....

Honored Contributor

Re: KY Derby Light Fixture

[ Edited ]

Seems like a nice space and I suppose this is a good example of this style decor... Unfortunately, this aesthetic does nothing for me... Really dislike the coffee table... the supposed art over the sofa... along with pretty much everything else...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I know the family that is part owner of Churchill Downs, thus had the honor of going to the Derby a few times in my life.  The name of the of the Room is because of the light fixture appearing to look very similar to many hats worn at the Derby.  This would be my guess as it was the first thing my eye was drawn to.  

Respected Contributor

I like the way the light fixture mirrors the shape of the hats in the sketches, and I think this room is okay. I'd either get rid of the large vase with the stalks or replace it with a smaller one.As a mom and a worrier, I'd end up putting a bumper edge around that glass table top, and I wouldn't have a white living room until baby goes to college.

Honored Contributor

There is nothing about this room that is appealing, it is cold and without any feeling of warmth or coziness.  It is definitely not my taste or style and in fact opposite of what I like.

Honored Contributor

I was expecting to see a horse-themed chandelier.  Now, that would have been obnoxious!  This one is at least stylish, even if not everyone's style.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow looks like a plastic surgeons office. 🤣

Honored Contributor

I don’t like anything in this room. Didn’t even notice the baby until mentioned by others. 

Trusted Contributor

NOPE ... to "most."

Yes, to the baby  Heart

Super Contributor

What is the point of putting a baby on the floor in such sterile surroundings.  Even the pampas grass is dry and lifeless.  This is a staging for a designer's showcase for sure.  I would rather look at a barren landscape.