Respected Contributor

Re: Just saw a room with black and white tiles on it. It's so striking!!

@qualitygal  When I look at that floor, all I can think of is chess and checkers games!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Last year my son was putting  a Star ceiling in a 2 million dollar parade home and the whole entry was done in black and white tile. But the owner was into cars.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Getting ready to redo a bathroom soon.  I've had small, approx. 1" black and white tiles on my mind for awhile.  My problem is that the tub is an almond color and we aren't changing it.  I think we may end up doing white and almond tiles instead.

@JeanLouiseFinch . We have a large corner tub that is beige (or almond) in the master bath.  Loved it when the house was built 26 years ago but now just looks dated. 

The bath need to be remodeled but the tub is in excellent condition and I don't want to spend the money replacing it.  I've considered possibly painting it professionally but I think we might not....I will have to see about incorporating white with beige to make it all tie together.  Adding black would look nice too!

This is a project that I hope will happen within the next couple of years.

Honored Contributor

I think b&w tile looks fantastic in a hall foyer leading up to the front entrance. Makes for a dramatic first impression.

Honored Contributor

My MIL once had black and white tiles on her bathroom floor and we all loved it. Not crazy about it in the kitchen though.

Respected Contributor

Love the look of black and white! For an  entry, a kitchen, a bath.

Timeless and Fresh! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't care for black & white floor tiles, backsplash etc. It's ok but I sure could not live with it very long. Just not for me.

floor2images.jpg

We have the smaller version of this floor tile in our bathroom.  I love it!