Honored Contributor

Just pretend you didn't see that

Wow - This was the first time I've seen a Lisa Robertson Christmas show. Well, actually I couldn't sit and watch it as I was working on a project and had it on. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it, and I'll try to make a point to be able to catch the next one. If that doesn't get someone in the holiday mood I don't know what would. And to have Valerie there - I would have liked to have been near a computer!

Everything sold out so quickly. I heard her say this a lot! The pieces are beautiful. I know a lot of you are going to have a lot of fun putting them around your home. Enjoy!! Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: ""Just pretend you didn't see that""

I was a nice show and Lisa did a great job.
Esteemed Contributor

The first LR decorating show that I watched was probably last year, and it was a pleasant surprise to me. Of the ones I've watched since then, some are better organized and more pleasant to watch than others, but overall I think they're quite enjoyable.

Super Contributor

I happened to tune in for a few minutes last night when her Christmas show was on and I was amazed! I thought it was great. I agree with ical that she did an amazing job of keeping camera angles, lighting, etc. in mind when moving around the set. She also was great when recommending which colors would go with what (even shades you wouldn't think would go together).

It made me wish I had a beautiful home and large amounts of extra cash so that I could buy at least one of everything!

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed her show last week and the one last night. I was sure she said the white and the blue sequin glitter trees were sold out as she was going down the table (as she went by the white she pointed to them and said "just pretend you didn't see that"), but when I looked today, all the colors were still available. Now the white is on waitlist, and the chocolate and champagne are sold out. I just ordered a set of the gold, and the three white snowy owls and little white ornament owls - I tried my best not to do it, but I just couldn't help myself! I absolutely do not need any more Christmas decorations, but those little owls just got to me!

I've never felt that anyone could "sell" me anything, but I think she did ... she kept putting those little owls in different things, in a wreath, on the trees, etc., and giving them "voices", and her remarks-she was like an excited little girl, and I really don't think that part of her presentation was "hype" - I think she really likes those little owls! I was hoping they were sold out when I looked today, but no such luck! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Good job Lisa!

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 kittymomNC said:

I really enjoyed her show last week and the one last night. I was sure she said the white and the blue sequin glitter trees were sold out as she was going down the table (as she went by the white she pointed to them and said "just pretend you didn't see that"), but when I looked today, all the colors were still available. Now the white is on waitlist, and the chocolate and champagne are sold out. I just ordered a set of the gold, and the three white snowy owls and little white ornament owls - I tried my best not to do it, but I just couldn't help myself! I absolutely do not need any more Christmas decorations, but those little owls just got to me!

I've never felt that anyone could "sell" me anything, but I think she did ... she kept putting those little owls in different things, in a wreath, on the trees, etc., and giving them "voices", and her remarks-she was like an excited little girl, and I really don't think that part of her presentation was "hype" - I think she really likes those little owls! I was hoping they were sold out when I looked today, but no such luck! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Those owls are precious! Especially the ones with the grey coloring

Honored Contributor

I have only recently discovered these decor shows with Lisa, and am assuming they are relatively new (maybe two years?).

I wonder what they are going to do when she leaves, because these are the kind of shows so many of us have been asking for. More upscale and sophisticated holiday and home decor, without all the whimsy (not that they need to stop any of that other stuff, just nice to see them branch out like this).

I personally think that Valerie (who is behind a lot of this anyway) could easily step in and do shows that feature only this style of decor, as well as do her "regular" shows. They just need to think up a good name for it, and keep the style and quality up.

I dread the thought that with Lisa leaving, this type of show may be going with her.

Honored Contributor

On 10/25/2014 mominohio said:

I have only recently discovered these decor shows with Lisa, and am assuming they are relatively new (maybe two years?).

I wonder what they are going to do when she leaves, because these are the kind of shows so many of us have been asking for. More upscale and sophisticated holiday and home decor, without all the whimsy (not that they need to stop any of that other stuff, just nice to see them branch out like this).

I personally think that Valerie (who is behind a lot of this anyway) could easily step in and do shows that feature only this style of decor, as well as do her "regular" shows. They just need to think up a good name for it, and keep the style and quality up.

I dread the thought that with Lisa leaving, this type of show may be going with her.

I agree. I think Lisa probably consults with Valerie on her (Lisa's) shows! Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 paShar said:

I happened to tune in for a few minutes last night when her Christmas show was on and I was amazed! I thought it was great. I agree with ical that she did an amazing job of keeping camera angles, lighting, etc. in mind when moving around the set. She also was great when recommending which colors would go with what (even shades you wouldn't think would go together).

It made me wish I had a beautiful home and large amounts of extra cash so that I could buy at least one of everything!

Well thanks for agreeing with me on the praise and encouraging words given in regard to Lisa!