Honored Contributor

June 14-15 my husband and I had our whole house recarpeted. When we picked out the new carpet, we asked over and over to sales person. Can I use my Miele vacuums on this new carpeting. I wanted great carpeting that would last many years. This would be the last time we would do this for the house. Just to hard for us to move furniture from one end of house to other. We are both up their in years..

Carpet is installed and for the past month it was impossible to vacuum this rug. I tried every known vacuum on the market or so I thought. I would purchase the vac, try it out and bring it back, it just wasn’t working. My 20=30 minute vacuum that it use to take me to vacuum the house was close to an hour. I was exhausted by time I was finished.

My husband and I finally did some investigating. We finally found out we have that new Ultra plush carpeting that needs a special vacuum.  

We found 1 vacuum immediately at the local Sears store (small store in my town).. It is a canister vacuum.  

Can’t believe the difference. It cleans the carpeting extremely well. No binding,no bogging down. Back to my 20-25 minute vacuum ritual daily.

I wished I knew this before I purchased this carpeting. I would have had the vacuum already purchased (not fond of the canister vac) and I would have been prepared.

Honored Contributor

@viva923.  Several years ago friends of ours replaced their carpet....they had the same problem you did.  They were never told there could be a problem, the furniture store that sold them the carpet, bought them a new sweeper!!

Trusted Contributor

I also have new carpet that is very difficult to vacuum.  I am so glad that I still own my old Kirby because that's what I have to use.  It is self-propelled and works well on the new carpet.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have wood floors and area carpets.  I tore up my carpet long ago.  Just felt it was too hard to maintain over time.  

Esteemed Contributor

We had Frieze carpet upstairs wbd a textured or something in a room downstairs at our old hoiuse. The shark nor the dyson would go over the carpet.

Honored Contributor

If it's up to me, and I have to ever remove the carpet, I will also just go to area carpet pieces.  Lugging a big sweeper gets harder and harder.  I love my canister one though.

Respected Contributor

Well, now I have another excuse not to buy new carpeting.   lol

Trusted Contributor

@viva923- can you tell me what the brand is?  I'm contemplating new carpeting and I don't want to get into that nightmare!  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I have used Kirby for over 25 years and then I switched to the Dysons. Both work well on the the high pile/plush carpet, Royal palace rugs and the semi plush carpet. It'm glad you found a vacuum that works for your needs. I wish that when you ask a question of a salesperson that they either give an honest answer (so you know all the facts) or simply admit they don't know the answer. 

Respected Contributor

I hope you filed a complaint against the company who sold you the carpet and the salesperson who lied to you.