Honored Contributor

Decor,

it was a Saxoney carpeting I ordered and had installed. I do remember it cast $5.88 square foot yard, not sure which one it was. I wanted something expensive that would wear and wear and wear. This carpet is guarnteed for 25-30 yrs. we got waterproof padding, 8lb weight, and no staining coating for 25-30 yrs. not sure what that is called. We do not have any pets, just grandkids that come for a visit once in awhile. we went all out for this carpeting.

what i do kick myself around the block for is.

we got that back room (my junk room-my sons old bedroom) we laid down waterproof flooring. it is beautiful. had i known how it would look and wear and feel I would have done the entire house in that waterproof flooring, 

rug is laid, it is finished, not moving anymore furniture, we will just keep house as is for a long sometime.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just found out

[ Edited ]

@viva923

Congratulations on your beautiful new carpeting, as well as locating the proper vacuum.  Just my opinion, but I believe cannister vacs are much better than upright vacuums, although they can be cumbersome or unwieldy.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear  would it be possible to say what exact Sears cannister vacuum you purchased.....always had the Sears cannister and am contemplating a new purchase..

Trusted Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

Decor,

it was a Saxoney carpeting I ordered and had installed. I do remember it cast $5.88 square foot yard, not sure which one it was. I wanted something expensive that would wear and wear and wear. This carpet is guarnteed for 25-30 yrs. we got waterproof padding, 8lb weight, and no staining coating for 25-30 yrs. not sure what that is called. We do not have any pets, just grandkids that come for a visit once in awhile. we went all out for this carpeting.

what i do kick myself around the block for is.

we got that back room (my junk room-my sons old bedroom) we laid down waterproof flooring. it is beautiful. had i known how it would look and wear and feel I would have done the entire house in that waterproof flooring, 

rug is laid, it is finished, not moving anymore furniture, we will just keep house as is for a long sometime.

Thank you very much for this information.

Honored Contributor

I would never have carpeting in my home again! I have hardwoods throughout and vacuum every day because I see the dirt. With carpeting you really can't see dirt therefore don't vacuum enough. I shudder to think how dirty my carpeted floors were in my old house!! Yuck! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Dear  would it be possible to say what exact Sears cannister vacuum you purchased.....always had the Sears cannister and am contemplating a new purchase..

@viva923

Esteemed Contributor

I hate when Salespeople lie to you just to make a sale...

Honored Contributor

Lucky Charm

I purchased a ultra soft Sears Canister. I returned it tonight. I fell over it 2x’s over the past 2 days. I didn’t hurt myself but it scared me to pieces. I can not quite remember the exact name of the canister. I do remember on the floor vacuum brush. Ultra soft vacuum. It comes in a pet friendly black box.

I did purchase an upright ultra soft vacuum on line, it arrived today. So much easier to vacuum the rug. I don’t have to worry about falling over the vacuum.

the vacuum did not roll well on this plush carpet. I finally had to carry it around with one hand and move the vacuum bar brush with other hand. That canister weighs in at 25 pounds, so it was not an easy task, when I did put it down, I would fall over the canister. I just gave up.

Honored Contributor

Sure hope you get this Lucky Charm

the Sears canister vacuum is the 700 series for ultra plush carpeting.

Honored Contributor

I know that carpeting is unpopular these days - hard floors are trendy right now. However, my DH has neuropathy in his feet and it hurts him to walk on hard floors so much of our home is carpeted.I find that carpet absorbs a lot of sound , and in homes where there is no carpet , and esp. if it is open concept, the noise just echos. Especially in a home with no fabric curtains or drapes as is usual in Fl.Our house is much quieter than any of our neighbors.It is nice and soft to walk on.It looks warmer and cozier than hard floors too.Our carpet is a very light ecru color and yet it stays very clean. We get it steam cleaned as needed - about once a year.It's actually much easier to keep carpet clean than to keep the grout on the tile floors clean. When we get the carpets steamed we also have to get the tile in the kitchen and bathrooms steam cleaned using an acid wash to clean the grout.

IMO, OP, you made a wise decision to get carpet.