Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove,

Now that's a bed, and a room I would sleep in---honestly.   The black and gray are a bit much, but I could deal with it.  I would toss the throw pillow as well as the lamp and bedside tables, and the other unnecessary stuff.   Simple, bare, dark and cool is what I like.   

I used to have heavy duty aluminum foil covering the glass on my bedroom windows, since I worked nights and slept days.   That is long gone now, but I have blackout drapes on my windows to make the room dark.  My bedroom is done in sage green and red.  There are no nightstands, no lamps, no clocks, no radio, no TV, and if I need to wake at a certain time, I use an old flip phone as my alarm clock.  It is wedged between my box spring and wooden bedrail.   

When I crawl into my bed, in my cool, dark bedroom, my body knows it is time to sleep, and I do.  My husband swears I am asleep within 2 minutes max.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop....Very interesting and rather intriguing also!...I was going to ask what your color scheme was and I'm surprised to read that it is sage green and red...Sage green is a soft color and red is quite vibrant...After reading what type of bedroom atmosphere you like, I would have expected your color choices to be more in the dark tans, browns, grays, blacks...anything in a very deep color range...It's also interesting how you like your room to be totally  bare...no lamps, radios, nightstands, etc....What do you use for light at night?

Does your husband prefer that type of sleeping environment also?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove,

I chuckled at your post.   Actually, my home is filled with color; a lot of red, greens and yellow---no blue, only brown in the wood flooring and our recliners.      

My bedroom furniture consists of a bed, dresser, chest, and cedar chest; I hate the wall to wall furniture look in any of my rooms.  I also like my walls and surfaces pretty bare, not covered with more dust catchers.   For light, we use the overhead ceiling fan light, and the lights in our bathroom.  Yes, my husband and my daughters prefer bedrooms that are dark and cool; all of our bedrooms, and our living room have blackout curtains.  

My bedroom is simply where we sleep; my body knows that, and I feel that's why I have no sleep issues.  I have never read in my bedroom, nor has there ever been a TV in my bedroom.   As I mentioned, at one time I worked nights and slept days, so it was very important that when I went to bed, the room was dark and quiet, and nothing was going on that kept me awake---like light coming in from the windows, the glow of numbers on a clock radio, or the ticking of a clock.   Even tho my husband and I are retired now, we see no need to bring any of what we call "surface clutter" back into the bedroom.   As I continue decluttering our home, more and more of that stuff gets tossed weekly.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop...Yes, I can definitely understand what you are saying about working a night schedule and having to adapt to sleeping days and the importance of your bedroom atmosphere being void of any daytime disturbances, such as light, etc. as much as possible...My husband worked the night shift in his first job, so I can relate.

I was just referring to the color scheme in your bedroom only,  due to your previous post about liking it dark like a cave, so I took off with that literally in every sense...lol...I also agree with you about avoiding clutter in our homes...It is a well-known fact that clutter and disorganization can weigh on us emotionally...We feel so much better when we are not surrounded by a lot of "stuff".

I'm chuckling at myself also now... I finally have a clearer and better understanding of your bedroom atmosphere, so we can both now have a very restful night's sleep...LOL

I've enjoyed sharing with you!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Fresh and pretty casual mix of neutrals, colors and patterns with a bit of glam in the gold accents!:

I like the light fixture.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

The Sonoma Aztec Rug in this stunning master bedroom reveal from @alexandraevjen  and @decorist. See more pics (including a few of Alex Evjen's adorable dog) through our bio! | Photo: Alex Ejven.:

Another light fixture tht I like along with the turquoise bench seat.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just bedrooms

[ Edited ]

Love Roses wrote:

lolakimono wrote:

The Sonoma Aztec Rug in this stunning master bedroom reveal from @alexandraevjen  and @decorist. See more pics (including a few of Alex Evjen's adorable dog) through our bio! | Photo: Alex Ejven.:

Another light fixture tht I like along with the turquoise bench seat.

@Puzzle Piece...Those adorable fur benches under the window caught my eye right away...They are exacly like ones I saw in Pottery Barn, except the base is chrome....I have one and it adds a great little funky look to any room area.

Tavi Mongolian Faux Fur Stool, Ivory 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bedroom and indoor