Trusted Contributor

Re: Junk Gypsy Gals

[ Edited ]

@DJP wrote:

I would never pay 229.00 for metal tv trays. 

Oh come on, they were vintage INSPIRED.  I think that translates that some guy painted them in a factory last week.  LOL.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, the donkey pillow was a little much!  I love horses, but mules as decor...really?

It was REFRESHING to see something different....I watched until the angel wings came on due to Amy being the host.   I believe I heard these "junk" gals were featured on HGTV which was impressive.

If anyone has visited Hobby Lobby, the decor is similar (with their 40% coupons), you can acquire that gypsy motif for a lot less.

Honored Contributor

Does QVC realize the term "GYPSY" is politically incorrect? In todays world I can't believe QVC allowed this. 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Yes, the donkey pillow was a little much!  I love horses, but mules as decor...really?

It was REFRESHING to see something different....I watched until the angel wings came on due to Amy being the host.   I believe I heard these "junk" gals were featured on HGTV which was impressive.

If anyone has visited Hobby Lobby, the decor is similar (with their 40% coupons), you can acquire that gypsy motif for a lot less.

I was going to say the same thing about HomeGoods.  You just have to have an eye to find it on your own and not have someone point it out to you.  I find my best "junk" at HomeGoods. I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me, but I hear it's similar to HG.

Valued Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@DJP wrote:

Oh come on, they were vintage INSPIRED.  I think that translates that some guy painted them in a factory last week.  LOL.  

lol! @Jaspersmom!  Was looking forward to the show, nice to see new product lines but this one was a disappointment.

Valued Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Nice to see some different offerings on the Q.  As always some may like it and others won't but no line is going to appeal to everyone.  

True. Good points @mspatmac.

Regular Contributor

I too thought the prices were too high. I agree if I wanted stuff like that I'd have fun spending a day going to garage sales and flea markets.

My Aunt had TV trays like the ones they were selling. I thought they were gross looking back then, and I still do yuk.. and I was only 7 yrs old..at the time.

Trusted Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Neither would I.  My jaw dropped when I saw the price, and they sold out!

Where were all of these items manufactured?  In the good ol' 

China?

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Does QVC realize the term "GYPSY" is politically incorrect? In todays world I can't believe QVC allowed this. 

-----------

That is what they call themselves 'Junk Gypsies" and it is the name of their store - Junk Gypsy Company in Texas.  I used to watch their show onTV.  Their items are not my style, but I enjoyed their show.
     Really liked their dad; he was so handy with hammer and nails!!  And mom came up with many of the ideas for styling the products for the show sets....

Esteemed Contributor

bought the angel wings in gold .  These will look lovely over our bed !