Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano sells 250,000 mops did she make electric retailing history?

I think it will be fun to try the mop. I've been watching for reviews, but none so far.  My current mop is a rag I move around the floor with the broom, so I NEED a mop in my small kitchen. 

Where does one get the spin mop mentioned here?

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I looked at the mop's pictures and determined that is wasn't any different than the Libman mops and others of the same design from years and years ago. She only "changed the fibers" in the mop head. I prefer using a steamer or swiffer head and a microfiber cloth and really get the floor clean that a mop can't.

I use the Libman (I think I called it Lippman in another thread, lol) in between my Hoover Floormate. Joy's mop is a lot longer and adjusts, a big plus for me. 

I have spine issues. I've tried them all. Spin mop, steam cleaners, the kind with the removable, washable pads, swiffers, you name it. I went back to the Libman. It's the easiest for me. My floors aren't that dirty and get a good cleaning with the Hoover (highly recommend). I'm hoping this is a step up from the Libman. I ordered two, one for floors, one to help me clean things like the shower. We'll see. 

My returns are free, well HSN spendable cash, and I will not hesitate to return it if it's a dud!

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss  Unless there's a different Libman than I'm aware of, Joy's mop is different in that you push down on the handle from the top to wring, you never have to touch the water.  My Libman has the piece that you must push down over the head and wring. Not too bad, but it's different than Joy's. 

Gee, I sound like a Joy spokesperson,lol. Just wanting to clarify. 

Honored Contributor

Wait!  Was this recently?  The reason I ask is because I would have thought she'd broken the record with those clothes hangers.  

Those things are like crack/cocaine!  I'm telling you I have given them to everyone (even friends of friends).  I love those hangers!

Every time they come on I'm like, "Gotta have them".  I could sell them on HSN!

My daughter said, "Mom!  If you send me any more of those hangers I'm going to donate them to the homeless and put your name and address on them so they can thank you!  No more hangers".

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Wait!  Was this recently?  The reason I ask is because I would have thought she'd broken the record with those clothes hangers.  

Those things are like crack/cocaine!  I'm telling you I have given them to everyone (even friends of friends).  I love those hangers!

Every time they come on I'm like, "Gotta have them".  I could sell them on HSN!

My daughter said, "Mom!  If you send me any more of those hangers I'm going to donate them to the homeless and put your name and address on them so they can thank you!  No more hangers".

@Annabellethecat66  LOL. I remember hearing that Joy had the record so I'm sure that was with the hangers. It came up when they were talking about the movie back in late Oct or Nov. I have to watch myself too with the hangers, although I need more. I'll never have enough to do all my closets. It just pains me to have to buy them 😊

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I think it will be fun to try the mop. I've been watching for reviews, but none so far.  My current mop is a rag I move around the floor with the broom, so I NEED a mop in my small kitchen. 

Where does one get the spin mop mentioned here?

@Another new name Sue  The spin mop is on HSN. I'm sure there are other versions in retail. I liked mine at first, but then it seemed too flimsy and I didn't like to have to fill the bucket and lift it and move it to the floor because of my back. It's heavy when filled. It was just too much trouble for me and I bought the Hoover Floormate  But lots of people like them. 

Honored Contributor

Just heard that actress that played Joy in movie is nominated for Golden Globe.  Must be exciting for Joy and everyone in the movie.  I am not a Jennifer Lawrence fan basically because I have not watched any of her movies. But kudos to her.

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 I had the LIbman you are talking about, but I have had several that the bottom handle pulls up and you twist it around the mop stick to wring the thing.  The Joy mop is different like that, but it is still a regular mop that I find, regarless of the design, I can't get it to wring dry enough to not leave tons of water on the floor.  I prefer steaming to clean the floor, as it really cleans well and without chemicals/smells.  I don't like dipping into the same dirty water to clean the floor.

The spin mop does get much drier but I can't get the scrubbing pressure to really scrub the floor like I can with the swiffer head and a microfiber cloth for quick pickups until I steam.

Respected Contributor

What movie? I don't get tv service, just Netflix and Acorn.
Contributor

Most of her millions have come from HSN.

Why did Joy leave qvc??