Trusted Contributor

Joy Mangano sells 250,000 mops did she make electric retailing history?

The total of Joy Mangano sales for her today's special literally was 250000 mops wowsa. I said she was overexposed but man thowe are amazing numbers. No wonder HSN treats her like a queen. Did Joy Mangano make electronic retailing with that huge amount of mops sold?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano sells 250,000 mops did she make electric retailing history?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

The total of Joy Mangano sales for her today's special literally was 250000 mops wowsa. I said she was overexposed but man thowe are amazing numbers. No wonder HSN treats her like a queen. Did Joy Mangano make electronic retailing with that huge amount of mops sold?

-1 (or 249,999) lolSmiley Happy .... I came to my senses and cancelled my order. I decided to wait for reviews.  I am concerned the mop would be still too wet, after wringing it out.  I am trying so hard to be good this year with shopping too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

-1 (or 249,999) lolSmiley Happy .... I came to my senses and cancelled my order. I decided to wait for reviews.  I am concerned the mop would be still too wet, after wringing it out.  I am trying so hard to be good this year with shopping too.

I also cancelled my order because when I first watched the presentation a host took off the mop head and she slide it completely through the handle of the mop.  That I didn't care for because all the germs and dirt would pass through the mop handle.  I noticed when Joy was there presenting that mop she only showed how to release the mop head but not fully take it off.  Also, I didn't want to be tied to that magazine subscription.  I don't regret cancelling my order. 

Respected Contributor

I had this mop years ago and did not like it. I know this one is revised so maybe it is better. I use the Spin mop and love it so I won't be ordering this one. I took my mom to see her movie "JOY" on Thursday and it was very good!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I fell for it, hook, line and sinker.  Hope I don't live to regret it.  If I remember, I'll review it since I bought 3 items.  I also got the "free subscription" but they aren't supposed to auto renew it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I tuned in.  I was tempted.  BUT THEN I READ THE FINE PRINT.... no bucket.... No bucket... And I thought more  money for a bucket that matched.  And then I decided I did not need it anyway. I have a steam mop that I love.  Or I cam get down on my hands and knees and wash my floor... better exercise.  Man Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

That is $5,000,000 in just mop sales - not including the bucket sales and replacement mop heads - not bad for a day's work!

She sold her company to HSN years ago so she likely receives a nice salary from HSN and perhaps a percentage of sales for her products.  It seems her children and/or their spouses are also employed by HSN. 

It appears to be a win-win situation for both Joy and HSN.  That is good business...if everyone is winning.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

Joy may be a genius at inventing and marketing, and she has made millions from QVC and not HSN (good for her).  But I personally cannot stand her voice or her aggresive sales pitch, so I do not watch or listene to her.  It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I get frustrated with the fact that she starts so many sentences she never finishes and keeps interrupting herself to start in a new direction. She seems unable to focus her many thoughts. Perhaps that is the creative mind of an inventor, but I find it nearly impossible to listen to her and follow her presentations.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.