Super Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano's Livestream (inside her NY home) Event - Aug 10, 12P ET

@SilleeMee thanks for mentioning the makeup cloths - I ordered some and will be trying them for the first time. Good price!

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

For some reason I cannot "watch now" on the HSN page.

@Hoovermom  I didn't think I was going to be able to watch it either.  The main screen sits blank for several minutes before it starts.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think you are going to enjoy them @scullychick. The last time the cloths were on sale they had free shipping so I bought several sets and gave them away as gifts. Everyone loves them!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom  I didn't think I was going to be able to watch it either.  The main screen sits blank for several minutes before it starts.

@NickNack:  Thank you.  I was probably in too big of a hurry but now that link is gone.  

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@NickNack:  Thank you.  I was probably in too big of a hurry but now that link is gone.  

@Hoovermom,

YouTube - "Joy's Livestream Event"

You can view the entire thing.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee

Thanks for the Youtube tip.

Her house is beautiful and her enthusiasm is contagious.  I did get a little tired of all the product plugs.  

~Quack

Honored Contributor

I wonder if she really uses that awful luggage she "invented."  I bought a set a long time ago and used it one time.  I thought it was going to fall apart on the trip and came home and threw it away.  I'm sure she doesn't normally have two pieces of it sitting out like she did in the video.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay I just watched on Youtube...Yes her house is big and I like some of the architectural details such as the soaring windows in the living room and kitchen cooking island but not the decor. Looks like she needs a good interior designer.  I don't care for all of that light cream carpeting throughout the house plus the pockets of clutter scattered throughout.  It was really kind of blah and lacked depth.

While she had lots of mementos like photos and stuff it seemed to lack warmth. Even the closet while well organized lacked warmth too.

I did see the movie Joy when it came out but never really followed her so I only know her as the queen of HSN (I know she came to QVC originally) but I don't know much about her family.  I thought it was odd that her adult daughter called her by her first name rather than mom.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me her house looked like it was just moved in to. Seemed like there was little effort put into the decor, like it was just thrown into the rooms to make them look like someone lived there. 

What was up with all of those plants on the floor in one of the rooms?? Those plants were placed right in front of a couch, crowded all together...weird.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me her house looked like it was just moved in to. Seemed like there was little effort put into the decor, like it was just thrown into the rooms to make them look like someone lived there. 

What was up with all of those plants on the floor in one of the rooms?? Those plants were placed right in front of a couch, crowded all together...weird.

I thought that was odd too!