Honored Contributor

Johnson Brothers - Friendly Village dishes - Evine

For those who collect the Johnson Brothers dishes Evine has great price on 28 piece set.  It was shown so quickly that I'm not exactly sure what the # of place settings.

I have a few pieces and I'm surprised the history behind this brand.  My pieces were from my mother and grandmother 1950s circa.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnson Brothers - Friendly Village dishes - Evine

@homedecor1, lucky you to have pieces made in England.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Once in awhile Goodwill has some JB pieces.

I found 8 cups with saucers in an autumn pattern a few years back.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 , what is a full set of four worth along with completer serving dishes, cream and sugar?  My set was a Wedding gift more than 40 years ago.  Never used.  Sits on the top shelf of my cupboard.  TIA.  LM

Respected Contributor

My sister and I have some pieces from the 60's from my mother after she passed and I added to those in the early 90's. They only get used at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since I live alone and don't cook, I only use paper plates.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom 

I have no idea the worth of the older pieces.  I like the set I have but it sits in a box (along with other things) as I do not entertain or set a formal table any longer.

I am taking my Christmas Holly Lenox (from 1975-84) I have a place setting of 12 + completer set + lenox "gold" christmas silverware.  I boxed it for my niece but quite frankly its been in a box 9 years and I think she said she wants it just to make me "happy".  

I told her Im taking it to antique / vintage shop along with the depression glass (by Wheaton) I have.  Tired of taking up space in my master closet. 

I don't/won't use it.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 , mine will go to my niece.  She wants it.  Another box out the door👍👍👍.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom 

Something funny happened!  I was ready to go today to vintage/autique store to see the value of my Lenox.

Got a surprise...,my niece called and they ordered a DR set so she said "remember don't give away that Lenox!"  .. guess I'll be driving to PA soon

Honored Contributor

I have a JB set in white and I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom, unfortunately they're not worth a whole lot for resale. My mother had a full set and she always loved Friendly Village. I had to sell it along with her beautiful china and got very little for it. Maybe others have had better luck.