Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joanna Gaines Take on Black and Neutrals

I am not a fan of Joanna's normal decorating style but I do really like this.  I'd have to remove the shiplap on the walls and also that upper ornamental piece of the fireplace though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I like it a lot but I would remove those books before I trip over them. 

Trusted Contributor

I think this is the living room of the care takers house to the Inn she brought and did over on one of their TV shows  ??  I liked the first rendishion of the room better.  I think I remember, LOL, the color on  the back of the bookcases was a really pretty blueish green and the room itself was soooooo warm & pretty.  It was by far a much better design than this.

Respected Contributor

I'll pass on this room. Pretty bland/boring. Nothing catches my eye as interesting, that i would like to take a 2nd look at.

Honored Contributor

Boring room.  Definitely not a place I'd be comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice sitting or welcoming room. A pop of color would be nice. The salad on the mantle can come off, IMO  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

The bits of wood help to warm it up.  I like it!

Valued Contributor

Love neutrals whether it be creams, taupes, or in this case of black and white. Cannot stand a lot of color in a room. And am liking greenery instead of lots of colors in florals. Have even gone to that outside my home. I wonder if my age has not made me accept less is more in colors.

Respected Contributor

This room isn't one of my favs of Joanna's.  Kind of blah to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The room has great bones. Given that and while it'll never go down in the annals of fine design, it would be a challenge for even her to screw it up, especially considering the major elements, which I like, particularly the chairs, are so few.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...