Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers NYC Apt. For Sale $38million

While not my style at all, it clearly is a beautiful space and it has Joan Rivers all over it!! Love the room sizes and that beautiful terrace!

Honored Contributor

This is not appealing to me at all. It is way too ornate and there is nothing homey or welcoming in any of the rooms...even the terrace is too much for me.

I can see maybe a formal Dining Room for entertaining but an entire house is overkill to the max.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's wonderful when someone can live in a home exactly to their style in every detail.  I'm sure Joan was very happy there.

Nothing about it is my own personal style.  But I do absolutely love two things: 1) that terrace and her stunning view, and 2) the last photo of the huge wrought iron entryway.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

What? No white, no gray and no shiplap!

I think it's stunning, fits her individual style for sure.

@Snowpuppy  Woman Very Happy Isn't that the truth... So predictable these days...

As for the apartment, it's magnificent but it's way more, in every way, than I'd personally choose for my home.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's gorgeous and so Joan

The outdoor space is very nice.

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON 

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I wouldn't even feel comfortable touring it.  I like a place you can feel comfortable & put your feet up if you want. Relaxing.  

Glad it made Joan happy though.

Honored Contributor

No my style, but I would enjoy the view.

Honored Contributor

Stunning, exquisite, elegant, formal and classy, this is for me.  I have always loved these magnificent places filled with such beauty and character.  Of course I could never afford anything like Joan's estate but if I was wealthy this would be for me. I would have comfort throughout so it doesn't look completely like a museum, that would be important.  Style and design is personal and your taste, it is what makes you happy, obviously Joan Rivers was very happy in her home.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Thanks for posting. 

It's way too ornate for my style, but it definitely looks like it would have suited Joan. I absolutely love the terrace & view! 

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't mind spending a few days there to be pampered by a staff to wait on me, but to live there.....no.  Too much gold and opulence for me.  I do like the Abuson rugs and some of the drapes.