Respected Contributor

Jaw dropping price for a candle

Was anyone else shocked to see item A304580 a Wen 3 wick candle selling for $55 ?  I was shocked at the markup for this candle and cannot justify the price.  I am saddened that QVC is shutting out the lower and middle class consumer. I will continue to buy my candles elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jaw dropping price for a candle

its WEN......he has a following, so i have no doubt that those who love the brand will be loving the candle also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Was anyone else shocked to see item A304580 a Wen 3 wick candle selling for $55 ?  I was shocked at the markup for this candle and cannot justify the price.  I am saddened that QVC is shutting out the lower and middle class consumer. I will continue to buy my candles elsewhere.

@Reever  No I was not shocked as there is huge variance in candle prices depending on what its made from, essential oils used etc. Lot's of pricing options out there and many shoppers that will and have purchased Wen candles as well as more expensive brands.   Not for you to judge 

Frequent Contributor

In addition to that, tonight the Q had a pair of sweat pants for $135.00 plus S & H.

I thought to myself who do they think their target audience is?  The New York and

Hollywook elite!!!  Us regular folk is not paying that kind of price.  Keep your 

clothes QVC this is crazy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Disregard below.  It's $55 for one candle.  I agree it's too much.  

Actually, $55 for three or around $18 each, is a not a bad price compared to other candles.

One 22 oz Yankee Candle is $29.50.  Carolina Candle is $12.99. 

Goose Creek made in USA is $27 each for 12.5 oz.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee :  Goose Creek candles are 24oz @ $25; I can personally speak to GC and Yankee and I usually order them for its $14.  With the Wen candles how much more for SH?

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Actually, $55 for three or around $18 each, is a not a bad price compared to other candles.

@Foxxee  The OP said it was $55 for one, 3-wick candle, not three candles. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

What pricing shocks you does not shock everyone. The candle is offered to people who can easily afford to pay $55 for one candle, or those who like WEN products and want to splurge for it. No different than anything else Q sells that some deem prices to be too expensive.

QVC has never marketed themselves to be in comparison to Walmart, Target, etc., pricing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@Foxxee :  Goose Creek candles are 24oz @ $25; I can personally speak to GC and Yankee and I usually order them for its $14.  With the Wen candles how much more for SH?

@patbz 

My mistake.  I see it is a 3 wick candle, not 3 candles.  Yes, I agree with yu $55 is too much.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee  The OP said it was $55 for one, 3-wick candle, not three candles. 

@Mimi 1883 

My mistake.