Honored Contributor

Re: Jade Painted Kitchen Floors

Beautiful little kitchen and very efficient.  I find "U" shaped kitchen lay-outs work best for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It looks like the oven door can't be opened with the island and stool there. The other critical part of me says that the white color of the appliances and fan is incongruent with the more dominant mellow tones of the kitchen. But, I do like the green cabinets, the floor, etc.

Regular Contributor

Love!

Esteemed Contributor

Reminds me of my Grandmothers kitchen from years ago .... 🥰

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Green is ‘my’ color, like the style, SO tired of SS and overdone Granite  I’m totally in with this.

Would turn the table perpendicular to the counter on the left, and stain it to match, or lose it totally.  Needs an accent of red in the upper cabinet on the left, accent color can be small, but good on three levels of of a room.  Electrical outlet by skin NEEDS A COVER AND GFI.

@lolakimono  Thanks for posting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of the farm kitchens in the Midwest from the 40s and 50s. Nothing wrong with that - the colors and the cabinets are similar to what my grandparents had.

Respected Contributor

I wonder how it would look with red or avocado colored appliances.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the patterned floor, however it might look a little better if the cabinets were white, or a light color..It is a smaller space, so with the floors and the cabinets being darker, it is too much! 

Honored Contributor

No thanks.  I don't object to the painted floor, but I don't care for the pattern at all; too folksy/country for me.

I'd also lose those white appliances.  With black or SS appliances and a more sophisticated floor pattern, the kitchen wouldn't be bad.

Honored Contributor

It is very cute.  My mother would have loved it.  We might have had this in my youth had she seen it.  It looks very Bar Harbor.