Honored Contributor

They were painted to go with the original green tile.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jade Painted Kitchen Floors

Well executed color design.

Just wishing color and wall tiles didn't remind me so much of my grade school basement/cafeteria/tornado shelter area.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono

It's definitely unique & eye catching.   I kind of like it but it needs some white to break it up - maybe the ceiling & walls.

Honored Contributor

That  looks like the size and layout of my kitchen.  I have considered a little island like that but now I see it would just take up what little space there is.  So, thanks for the visual!  As for the color story here, I don't like a patterened floor like that.  

Honored Contributor

Breathtaking. MY RETRO.

Respected Contributor

• While it is not my color choice, I would suggest swapping the stool for a leather topped one-person bench that would tuck totally under the island.

Have used this approach in our mountain place’s narrow cooking area.  Comfortable when needed and then freeing up floor space when not needed.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Switch out the green for blue and I would love it.

Honored Contributor

This is the color of my aunt and uncle’s kitchen on the farm. It’s my first recollection  in the 50s until she died in 1989. Linoleum floors but never a dishwasher.

Love it. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono    I love this. The only changes I would make would be to stain the island a darker wood so that it would match the cabinets. I would also utilize the suggestion made by @jlkz to find a bench/seat that would fit under the island so that when it wasn't needed it wouldn't take up valuable space.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I think this is adorable for a small cottage. It works on a small scale.... if it was larger it would look terrible IMO.