Esteemed Contributor

Re: JESSICA WALTER'S CARMEL CA COTTAGE IN CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE "PLAY MISTY FOR ME"

I have never seen the movie, but this N.E. girl has been to Carmel.  What a beautiful place!  I would gladly live in that charming cottage.  I remember all the fantastic art galleries there, as well as the scenery.  

Honored Contributor

Re: JESSICA WALTER'S CARMEL CA COTTAGE IN CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE "PLAY MISTY FOR ME"

Me too, @PamfromCT, even though I haven't been there since I was a teenager, I still remember how magical it was and the "arty" atmosphere.  Love the way they "name" their

cottages, too, like "Gull Haven" or "Cliff's End" or whatever...

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I have never seen the movie, but this N.E. girl has been to Carmel.  What a beautiful place!  I would gladly live in that charming cottage.  I remember all the fantastic art galleries there, as well as the scenery.

@PamfromCT...My husband and I stopped off at lovely Carmel several years ago while traveling down the coast of California...Did you happen to stop off at Clint's restaurant, "Hog's Breath Inn" while there"?...We ate out on the patio area and the food was very good...The restaurant was what you would expect from Clint...rugged and rustic...Unfortunately, we didn't bump into him while there.

From what I understand, Clint has since sold it to a friend.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~