Honored Contributor

Re: JESSICA WALTER'S CARMEL CA COTTAGE IN CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE "PLAY MISTY FOR ME"

That cottage is so appealing!  I'll take it.

I have seen the thriller, Play Misty For Me several times and you can catch it once in awhile on TV, not often but it does pop up.  It's a stalker movie and Jessica Walter plays her role very well, Clint too !

I love settings in movies and feel it adds so much to the story line.  I notice furnishings and decor and surroundings.  Settings to me are essentials of all moves.  I have always loved big old Victorian homes and because I am a Horror movie fan, I always notice the mansions and estates these stories seem to be set including furniture and decor!  There is so much to take in .

I like the room shown, it is cozy and warm, and I get a good feeling from it.  I don't remember the details of the Misty movie's settings but I remember the views, lovely!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JESSICA WALTER'S CARMEL CA COTTAGE IN CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE "PLAY MISTY FOR ME"

@Oznell  I love the Laguna Beach home and could move right in.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I have seen it several times...it was scary but enjoyed it.   Adorable house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved that movie back when it came out.  It seems to me that interior shots were rather dark.  I spent a great deal of time trying to replicate Donna Mill’s eye makeup from that movie.  🙂

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have never seen it, so I just did a search and I have it set to record on May 31 on Channel HDNM Channel 566 on Direct TV at 5:15 PM

in case anyone is interested. Now I will have to notice the settings for sure.

Trusted Contributor

And I love everything about that cottage.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I love Clint especially in Outlaw Josey Wales,  and being a self confessed, bonafide Western Movie junkie I enjoyed him as young Rowdy Yates in the series Rawhide, but Play Misty was just to weird for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@

@Oznell wrote:

It's so interesting that people don't remember the interiors because the movie was so scary!  Makes perfect sense.

I'm such a house nut, I think I just might notice the sets quickly, then flee the mayhem, ha.  Not fond of scary, violent films myself!   Although I've always thought from the reviews that this movie might have interesting "noir-ish" elements...

@OznellIt's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I don't remember it being too gory-more thriller-ish. I think anyway-Smiley Happy It's a good one though. I don't remember the sets at all though. Jessica is teriffically creepy and Donna Mills is beautiful in this.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first pic - love the brightness & style of the bedroom.  Natural light just lures me in.

EDIT:  the 2nd pic - love the quaintness of this cottage.  Need to check the indoors but I'm willing to bet it's just as cute.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell : I saw the movie years ago, but it was just on tv within the last 2 weeks or so! I caught the tail end of it. It must have been on a weekend, because I remember that my son was home. Don't really remember much of the interior, as much of the movie was dark. That Laguna Beach cottage is adorable!!