Honored Contributor

Does anyone own one? Considering it for a very small room. It's very inexpensive but gets some good reviews. With the sale this weekend it's $211. I can't go to look at it in store because of my life situation right now.

Don't have room for a big clunky recliner, just my personal taste but I don't like them either.

DP1123201517081914M.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have measurements of the chair?   To me it appears to be rather large.  I have a leather recliner that I selected at the store - sat in it - found it very comfortable - bought it.  A beautiful chair...BUT when it got delivered I realized it was larger than what I thought.  In the show room, which is a vast large space, the chair appeared 'smaller'.  Still have the chair but the size did surprise me in my home.  Always check the measurements!  (my lesson)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  I looked at them but I'd have to measure the space in the room too. Will probably end up being too big. I'd have to get rid of a big computer desk, not possible right now. For that price I could always use it in the future in a very large bedroom that needs a total redo.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Re: JCPenney Anna Recliner

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21  I really like that chair.  I purchased a similar one from Macy's a couple years ago when it was $299.  It's comfortable, not too large, and matched my living room set.  If the one at JCPenney's doesn't work out, check this one out.   Dimensions are on the website, and it comes in several colors.  I see it all the time for $299 so it might be worth waiting if interested.

chair.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

It looks so comfortable.

But fthunt made an excellent suggestion.Recliners seem to be bigger in size than just a regular chair. BUT they are also so comfortable. And make sure when the chair is in the reclining position there is still room to move around.

We are getting rid of an easy chair and getting a recliner. But we have to get the type of recliner that can be against a wall.

Honored Contributor

My niece recently bought furniture - same color and the fabric seems to be similar with the nail head trim, it was scratchy and in my opinion cheap looking.

Now knowing her, she probably bought it at some bougie boutique furniture store and paid a lot of money for it.

Honored Contributor

My husband wants a recliner but I’m afraid of the “ugly factor”. These are very pretty though!

Esteemed Contributor

I finally agreed to get recliners for our family room and we went to Laz-E-Boy for ours.  What I found was that I needed to actually sit in the recliner to get the best fit.  I did not want one that was too large, and the one that I got is a cozy fit--just right for me.

Every store is having sales now, so it might be worth it to make a trip and try out the chairs, along with the needed measurements.  My family room is an awkward shape with French doors in the middle to the sun room, so measuring furniture is a necessity for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@GenXmusewrote:

My husband wants a recliner but I’m afraid of the “ugly factor”. These are very pretty though!

I was afraid of the ugly factor. Many years ago our friends bought a recliner It was huge, took up quite a bit of their living room. And then the mechanism to make the chair recline broke shortly after they got it.

So they had a big chair, taking up all this room and it didn't recline.

Fast forward 25 years. Our love seat is 2 recliners. We use it all the time. Looks like a regular love seat. And the recliner is so comfortable. So glad we got it.

Respected Contributor

Well I checked the measurements along with reviews. I also checked other websites. JCP has the best price. Talked it over with my husband and just ordered the paisley. I have been looking for a recliner that is not oversized.