Respected Contributor

Re: JCP IS HAVING A HOME SALE WITH UNBELIEVABLE PRICES!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I really liked our JCP Home Store. Since they closed, our JCP store is a cluttered mess. Merchandise is strewn all over the shelves, and the store is poorly staffed. And this was all before Covid. 

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago, I decided to replace all curtains in my home, and found pretty lace ones at JCP. I really would have preferred Heritage Lace brand, as they are made in the USA, but I wanted all matching in the upper two levels of my home, and Heritage doesn't have many size choices, and even though much more expensive, I would have paid it to have them made here, plus I've had their products before and they are excellent quality, last for many years. 

I got the look I wanted from JCP, and a great low price on sale, but I have to say, they aren't great quality. I'm really handling them delicately. Washing them only every other year ( I usually take all curtains down yearly), doing just a cold water rinse to get the dust out of them. Just hoping they will last for awhile. 

JCP, when I was growing up and when I was a young adult, had the very best linens and home goods. Towels, sheets, blankets, rugs, all lasted for years and years. I still have some JCP stuff I've had for many decades (since the 1980's and 90's) and still very servicable. We used to buy great clothing there, and nice quality gold jewelry too. I found styles of especially bedding that I thought was just so gorgeous, and some I had to retire when mattresses got so thick, and the sheets no longer fit, I still loved, and looked like new, decades later.

What I see there the last decade or more is like everywhere else, poor quality, little selection and just plain ugly. 

Sure sign one is getting old, when you think everything is 'ugly' and 'nothing is made like it used to be'! LOL That's just where I am! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I had them throughout my home up north.  Very nice draperies and they are now $9.99/panel.  They also have 30% coupon til 12/23 although not sure works on clearance items.

She may want to check it out soon.  

I have 2 bay windows with no window treatments.  Can you give me idea how to "dress" them?  The one is in master bedroom.

Thank you🙂

@homedecor1 My daughter is looking at Scarf Valances, as she doesn't want to cover the whole window, but she may end up going with light drapes. She lives in a Condo Complex and wants to have a little privacy and the Bay Window is her Living Room window!