Honored Contributor

It took us 20 years to unpack....

For years I've been telling my husband that things went missing when we moved from NY to California.  I blamed him, because he puts some things high up where I'll never reach them.  Well, whaddaya know... tonight he found my wedding china.  The newspaper it was packed in is dated May 2000. 

If I live through this garage "remodel" without strangling him it will be nothing short of a miracle.

IMG_0512.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: It took us 20 years to unpack....

@house_cat 

So pretty!  Glad they are ‘home’.

A dear friend did a batik for me.  Ungrateful wretch that I am, I did not like it. But, my Dad did.  So I said he could have it & promptly sent it registered & insured.  He said for 20 years that I reneged on that agreement.  

A few few years ago he moved, guess what turned up in his storage unit?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can relate to your recent find @house_cat .  I’ve been preparing for a cross country move from So. Ca to Md next month.   I had boxes of treasures that were not unpacked for over 20 years.  Many happy memories were relived as I finally sorted through everything making big decisions about what to keep.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   LOL!  Great story!   I'm planning a move, and recently unpacked a few boxes from 2001.  I tossed a lot of it.  Kept some.  Enjoy your china!

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  What lovely china! That would have been missed and would have been hunted down quickly at our home. China is used often. Hope you enjoy your "new treasure"!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the laugh. Think there may be more unopened boxes still to go. Think of it like Christmas morning open a box get a suprise. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful pattern!

Just in time for Easter/Passover or a just because it's a Sunday in Spring special dinner

Respected Contributor

That is so funny!  What beautiful china!  Glad you found it.

Regular Contributor

@house_cat  Richelieu by Hutschenreuther? That was our china, too. I really loved it but rarely used it. When we downsized & moved last summer, I let it go. I mostly lurk,  ut enjoy reading the topics you start.

I know what you mean about not being able to find things after moving. We have things that are MIA & I wonder if we will ever find them!

Honored Contributor

My brother and SIL have service for 16 of that china...lovely.