Respected Contributor

Re: It's starting to look like a house

@Pooky1, I am enjoying the "as we build pictures". I am a pushover for building....it's just fascinating although you will never find me with a hammer or drill!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

Framing starts tomorrow.😃😃. Can't wait to have more pictures this week.
Esteemed Contributor

Well shoot. Framing wont be starting until Tuesday.

Esteemed Contributor

Still no framing today😡.  It's supppsed to rain WED, Thurs, and Friday. Do builders work in the rain? We have been ready for framing since Sept 15th. Feels like when we were in a stand still getting our house ready to sell and having to put off building. Praying   they start tomorrow.  We were hoping the exterior of our house would be done by thanksgiving so the stone was put up before it got super cold.  Not sure if that will happen. Everything went so fast with the basement and slab. Now we are just waiting.

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_3302.JPGFinally.😃

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday,   The area you are building in looks lovely like you are out in the country.  At least you will not have neighbors right on top of you.  Best of luck to you and your family.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ccassaday,   The area you are building in looks lovely like you are out in the country.  At least you will not have neighbors right on top of you.  Best of luck to you and your family.

Yes it has a country setting. All the house are on 2 acre lots or bigger. Ours is 2.7. But we are still within 5 or 10 minutes from everything. My mom is so used to the grocery store being right outside our subdivsion. Like a minute or two to get there. But being in the apartment she is getting used to it being a couple miles away. She cracks me up because it is only two miles but she acts like it is 20. Lol. Very spoiled with a grocery store having been that close. They are supposed to be putting a new Kroger in right down from where we are building, but not sure when.

Esteemed Contributor

Chloe met her golden friends today at the house. One neighbor has 2 the other has 1.

IMG_3314.JPGIMG_3315.JPG

Regular Contributor

Wow! They got a lot done on your house today. That is so cute that Chloe already has friends. Fun for us to see the progress on your home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma wrote:

Wow! They got a lot done on your house today. That is so cute that Chloe already has friends. Fun for us to see the progress on your home.

It's supposed to rain the next week. Not sure if they will work in the rain. I imagine as long as it's not pouring or a thunderstorm they will work. Framing is supposed to take 8 days. Hopefully by the end of oct we will have Windows.

Does  anyone know how long it takes to get the first monthly bill after they make the first draw? They took the first draw Sept 21st. I guess we need to call the credit union and find out.