Respected Contributor

Re: It's starting to look like a house

Wow! What does he care; he doesn't own the property!! Sometimes it seems as if people sell a property, but don't want you to change anything or are offended that you aren't doing things their way.
Honored Contributor

Wow, your house is going up fast!

check out the coyote vests for dogs.  They are a great way to keep your dogs safe.  They were invented by people who had a coyote snatch their dog from them while they were walking him on a leash.

no coyote can bite through the vest.

IMG_0270.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

check out the coyote vests for dogs.  They are a great way to keep your dogs safe.  They were invented by people who had a coyote snatch their dog from them while they were walking him on a leash.

IMG_0270.JPG

OMG. Thet is a crazy contraption.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

CONGRATS on your new home! How exciting! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@ccassaday so exciting to see the progress on the house! they are really getting a lot accomplished.

Regarding the coyote vest.....I'm thinking that get up would absolutely have to work. My first thought was the dog looks like a live firework Smiley Very Happy. I'll have to share that with my sister, not sure if she is aware there is a coyote protection vest out there.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@ccassaday so exciting to see the progress on the house! they are really getting a lot accomplished.

Regarding the coyote vest.....I'm thinking that get up would absolutely have to work. My first thought was the dog looks like a live firework Smiley Very Happy. I'll have to share that with my sister, not sure if she is aware there is a coyote protection vest out there.

I am sure it would work. But my dog would kill herself rolling around with all those spikes. But I bet it works great if you leash walk in areas with coyotes. The good thing is Chloe is a big barker. I would think her loud bark at them would scare them off.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks great.....happy for you after all the stress you had to endure in the beginning....

Honored Contributor

If the weather cooperates, a house will go up fast.  We're watching one that we drive by on our way home.  The builders make great progress in just eight hours.

Dearie, you might want to read up on how vicious a coyote can be. I don't want to describe what they can do to a dog.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@catchersmom wrote:

I am sure it would work. But my dog would kill herself rolling around with all those spikes. But I bet it works great if you leash walk in areas with coyotes. The good thing is Chloe is a big barker. I would think her loud bark at them would scare them off.

I don't think Chloe's bark would scare off a coyote at all.  I would look into getting one of the protection devices that Tigress mentioned in post #27.  I definitely wouldn't count on Chloe's bark or size scaring off a pack of coyotes.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

IMG_0270.JPG

@Carmie  He looks like a dog punk rocker!