Honored Contributor

Re: It's starting to look like a house

Our last move did not have a time limit so we moved ourselves. It really wasn't bad. With help from a few relatives ..it all came together. 

Don't rush, stay calm, and enjoy the hard work everyone has put in to this big adventure. Soon you will be thinking of all this in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMONwrote:

Our last move did not have a time limit so we moved ourselves. It really wasn't bad. With help from a few relatives ..it all came together. 

Don't rush, stay calm, and enjoy the hard work everyone has put in to this big adventure. Soon you will be thinking of all this in the past.

It’s very nice to not be pressured. Waiting on my parents to get back. Thry went to closing thrn took a load of stuff to the house.

Esteemed Contributor

It’s official. My sister went with my parents to closing. She is the one that helped my dad with the blueprints and worked at the builder. She quit just before we broke ground and went to another builder. But she got a commissions check as the sales person.

A few days ago we thought we owed the builder 2k. After my dad went through the sheet it turned out we only went over $29.75. That is pretty impressive.

FD9A92E9-DB2F-4A92-AFD0-6A07E5555A84.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday.   Congratulations!! Can't wait to see you set up your room and get organized.

Esteemed Contributor

My dad says as soon as they get a break from unpacking and stuff they are going to go get a new dining table. I guess they need a new bed too and might get it also. Hopefully I will beable to get furniture sooner then later.

Honored Contributor

When are you thinking about getting your furniture?  I know you were waiting until you moved in but didn't know the timeframe.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

When are you thinking about getting your furniture?  I know you were waiting until you moved in but didn't know the timeframe.

I really don’t know. My hopes are to be able to get it very soon. Since we didn’t have to pay the builder any real overages hopefully I wil beable to get it very soon. I want my parents to get their dining table first. Our old one will look so bad.  Either way I will be putting my room together with what I have bought. My comforter will be a little big but that’s ok. I will have him put up my pictures since I know what bed I am going to get.

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished Dream House! It seems like it went by really fast, but I  am sure to you it did not....

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENwrote:

Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished Dream House! It seems like it went by really fast, but I  am sure to you it did not....

We actually thought it went really fast. We thought for sure it would feel like it would drag on.

Esteemed Contributor

Chloe is loving her new house. She loves all the windows.

ECEE99E1-62D4-4064-B707-C12214A2F65A.jpeg