Esteemed Contributor

It's starting to look like a house

IMG_3060.JPGOur basement looks like a basement now. Tomorrow they are supposed to lay the basement deck. That is the floor between the basement and the main floor.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's starting to look like a house

It looks like it's really going to happen @ccassaday.  I bet you're excited.  When is it supposed to be finished? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Wow! We don't do basements down here, so it is cool to see this phase. It looks like a basement you will have a door in so you can go out into the yard. It also looks like a big basement. That is like having a third floor to your house.
Honored Contributor

I'll bet it's fun seeing the process from the beginning. Thanks for sharing your journey. 🌻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I'm happy for you and your family...this must be so exciting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It looks like it's really going to happen @ccassaday.  I bet you're excited.  When is it supposed to be finished? 

It's supposed to be finished by Feb 28th. That was about six months from when they started digging the basement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
Wow! We don't do basements down here, so it is cool to see this phase. It looks like a basement you will have a door in so you can go out into the yard. It also looks like a big basement. That is like having a third floor to your house.

No door or what you call a walkout basement. But it has a  big egress windows for each bedroom. So it's what you call a daylight basement. The basement is around 1800 square feet. The main level is 2300 but the basement will not be under the master bedroom. It saved a lot of money doing a 3/4 basement.

Esteemed Contributor

My dad is having a blast. He has actually been helping. He went over and leveled out the gravel in the basement before cement was laid. He didn't have to but he said it felt good to have a hand on the new house. The contractor really appreciated it. He got over there and was able to get the cement truck a few hours early because my dad had already done it. My guess he will probably help with a lot when they get to the inside.

Honored Contributor

so xciting!!!! I still remember the day they poured our basement & the rest went so fast!

happy to hear all s going great!!!  Very excited & happy for you & your family!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday  Oooooo how exciting and fun!  Yay!!!

I would like my guest house put on the south side please, close to the pool!  Smiley Very Happy

~LdyBugz