Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's official our house is for sale

We found out today the person inspecting our house is a woman. You don't hear of two many woman house inspectors. I wonder if they are harder on the houses they inspect  then what a man would be.

Esteemed Contributor

This is all starting to get very real. My parents got a email today to fill out the info for the title work. This buyer has really been on the ball and fast at getting everything done. I guess this is what it is like with a cash offer. We have a week to find a rental before my surgery and to be packed. Because as long as the inspection goes well we will probably have closing right after we get back. Which is good news because then our house can get started.

Esteemed Contributor

Praying inspection goes well tomorrow. Found out today our construction loan is ready to close. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

Valued Contributor

Positive thoughts only.  One day at a time!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well inspection was today. Haven't heard anything yet from the buyers realtor. My brother in law said it would probably be Monday. But my dad asked the inspector to send him a text when he was done. He actually called and told my dad we had a beautiful house. I hope that is a good sign.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like our emotional rollercoaster of getting our house sold and starting our new house is finally coming to a end. Our inspection came back super good. Only a couple things she wants done. She wants four plugs changed that need to be up to code. Also a pipe on the water heater. That's it. My parents went and looked at a rental today. It's defintly a possibility. Going to be looking at a lot this week. The guy for this house said he has no problem letting us do a month to month lease. He also said we can put up some temporary fencing for Chloe as long as we take it with us. We can always use it at the new house until we get a fence up.

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad things went so well with the inspection.  My sisters in-laws had a time with their first one.  The couple really couldn't afford it and had her father do the inspection listing crazy things like the roof needed updating because they thought there could be leaks even though they couldn't find any evidence of any, then the septic tank wasn't big enough for four bedrooms, but it is the standard for the 3.5 bathrooms they had and only 4 years old, then the wiring was old, but the house was just built 12 years before, and the kicker was the A/C units were different units, but both under 10 years old, so they wanted new, matching units they chose to be put in. They left a mess in the house as if they were trying to get cost knocked off for it being messed up.  The1.5" report was handed back to them, and they were told they could leave.  The in-laws have sold it to another couple without any issues or hangups with a short close of 30 days.  They got the right couple this time for a 700K house that could afford it, instead of dreamers that were never going to be able to afford it. 

Enjoy your transition time to dream and make up your plans, plus recover from your surgery.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is terrible. We got home after the inspection and our AC didn't work. The stress of the inspector turning it on and seeing how it cooled down broke a part. So we had to call the AC people to fix it. They had just been here two days before to check the AC and make sure our fuse box was all up to code. We will have to call them for s third time to come fix the plugs and the pipe. That gets expensive. If my dad would of just waited until after the inspection he could of had all of it done in one visit. 

I think my dad was in shock there was no major issues. He had himself convinced there was foundation issues. There was no evidence of any but he had it in the back of his mind there was.  He read the inspection report and he goes if I was buying this house I am not sure I would buy it. Lol. And there was nothing horrible. Inspector rated everything as fair. The house will be 50 yo next year. It was actually a great report considering the age of the house.

So probably tomorrow my dad will call the credit union to set a date for closing the construction loan. Plus call the builder so they can start.

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss

What you described is just plain despicable.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday You are right! Your father should have waited instead of being a worry wart. But that is what fathers do.

@Allegheny The MIL said that she knew what they were up to. She knew they couldn't afford the house since they were nit picking all the while they were doing the initial walk through. She knew something was up when the discovered the father was the inspector. People do things like that to try and afford a house they really can't. There are so many choices in the Atlanta burbs, they felt the couple was trying to climb the property ladder a bit too fast instead of staying in a starter home longer to save up more.