Respected Contributor

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

image.jpg

I just got started today on decorating. We have been remodeling a master bedroom and we also are getting our new LR furniture delivered tomorrow. So I thought I’d wait till tomorrow evening to start the tree and fireplace mantle. I’m not done with this little table in the picture as I want to add some lights and maybe a couple more small things. It’s a start though. 

Any suggestionson adding greenery somehow? I usually add a little string of those twinkle lights inside the wooden house and they’re on a timer. After Christmas, the carpet is being replaced with hardwood floors. My sig other is a contractor does all the remodels to our home. I’ll post my fireplace mantle and tree this week sometime. 🎄🎄

Honored Contributor

Re: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan   Very unique and different.  I love it!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Cute vignette @wvumountiefan. Not a lot of room to work in greenery, but perhaps something minimal along the sides and front of the little house.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Very nice. I really like that kind of decorations 😊

Respected Contributor

@stevieb   I don’t have a decorating eye. I tend to stay in my comfort zone every year. I see so many pictures here and on Pinterest, but I don’t venture too much. I’m late this year with the remodeling so it will be more minimal in the decorations Dept. 😊

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

image.jpg

I just got started today on decorating. We have been remodeling a master bedroom and we also are getting our new LR furniture delivered tomorrow. So I thought I’d wait till tomorrow evening to start the tree and fireplace mantle. I’m not done with this little table in the picture as I want to add some lights and maybe a couple more small things. It’s a start though. 

Any suggestionson adding greenery somehow? I usually add a little string of those twinkle lights inside the wooden house and they’re on a timer. After Christmas, the carpet is being replaced with hardwood floors. My sig other is a contractor does all the remodels to our home. I’ll post my fireplace mantle and tree this week sometime. 🎄🎄

Actually, I like it the way it is. 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@wvumountiefan   Very unique and different.  I love it!

@NickNack  Thank you! I’m sure the decor is not in style, but I like it. 😊

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

Very nice. I really like that kind of decorations 😊

@Leggett28   Thank you! I tend to keep it country and simple. 😊

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan I'll tell you, I used to obsess over the holiday decorating... It went on for weeks and was tweaked relentlessly... Over the past decade or so, I've scaled down so much and to be very honest, lost a lot of the interest I used to have in such things... It's a 'been there and done that' kind of thing. I still enjoy decorating for the holidays but do a good bit less and have come to prefer a far less 'overwhelmed with stuff that screams Christmas' kind of look... This year, for obvious reasons, I'm proabaly even less motivated than usual, and for no good reason other than having put it off, slow out of the gate... Good luck to you getting it done amidst the remodeling!!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love your country pieces....so pretty!

I would probably put the two snowmen closer to the house with the red candle between them.  And once you add lights inside the house, it really doesn't need anything else.

However you decide, it's very cute!