Honored Contributor

Re: It's becoming a everyday sighting🐊🐊🐊

@In-x-s wrote:

I start to worry when I don't see wildlife!  For instance, I see fewer and fewer skunks and rabbits.  It's starting to concern me what has happened to them all Smiley Sad

We have too but we have also seen alot more foxes. 

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

I start to worry when I don't see wildlife!  For instance, I see fewer and fewer skunks and rabbits.  It's starting to concern me what has happened to them all Smiley Sad

@In-x-s

I'll be happy to send you a couple of skunks......if they wouldn't spray they'd be OK

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

We don't have bears .....at least not in my part of Texas they are in the Texas Hill Country and in West Texas and along Rio Grande.....We do have mountain lions, some have been spotted near swimming pools in subdivisions on the outskirts of the city limits, and at a local wilderness park.....

My cousin lives in a different area and his home is right next to a greenbelt and you can hear the coyotes howl.....His neighbor's daughter witnessed a coyote killing a rabbit.....  One killed a friend's cat.....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Of course everywhere is seeing more wildlife, I have no idea where they expected all these animals to go while mass producing housing, commercial properties, and more roads and highways. 

I believe in expansion and growth, but seriously, their spaces are being overrun by no one but ourselves. They are always talking  about animal populations being less and less than what they once were everywhere across the world ... well, of course they are, and basically it comes down to humans are to blame for this.

Seriously, what did they expect? That were just going to move further and further out of their own territories? And, then move out farther still? Eventually there will be nowhere further out anywhere and then what?

I live far enough out. I still see plenty of wildlife and I happen to like it,

Nothing bothers us, and we don’t bother them.

If one does not like any wildlife around, perhaps they should live in a high rise condo surrounded by concrete and street traffic. That is what it will probably be one day anyhow - one big coast to coast concrete jungle. Lovely. 🤮

-Texas Hill Country-