Honored Contributor

It's becoming a everyday sighting🐊🐊🐊

[ Edited ]

With the clearing of more & more wooded areas for new housing developments these guys are becoming part of the landscape!😯

Saw him today while I was out for my walk -- just sunning on the bank now that the warmer weather has returned.

B27923A1-ED18-48F5-BDBF-00365747B01D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's becoming a everyday sighting🐊🐊🐊

@homedecor1 - Saw a few today when I was out doing some photography - just basking in the warm sunshine.

I know people complain when they see them - my response is always, they were here first! 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1

@riley1

Same goes for bears, deer, fisher cats, etc. showing up in peoples' yards in NE.  

Some people choose to build homes in the rural areas which are the animals' natural habitats.  More land being taken from the animals & forcing them into towns & cities.  Maybe they should look at themselves in the mirror & perhaps a "lightbulb" will show above their heads, giving them the idea, "maybe I should've built elsewhere.  

Truthfully, I'd love a home either near the coast or in a quiet, serene setting with a gorgeous view .. sometimes a person needs to think of the poor animals.

Valued Contributor

I start to worry when I don't see wildlife!  For instance, I see fewer and fewer skunks and rabbits.  It's starting to concern me what has happened to them all Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

In my town, the golf course, right in the middle of town, went bankrupt 2 years ago and it is reverting to its natural state.  I think this has somehow caused a huge increase in the coyote population.  They seem to be everywhere; people see them in groups at all times of the day and night.  They've snatched small dogs when the owner is standing right beside them and cats don't stand a chance.  That golf course must have become a wildlife refuge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Where I live most of the wild life seen here in southeastern PA is deer (lots of them!) and occasional foxes, geese & wild turkeys.

Thank goodness no gators!  I would freak if I saw one near me!  When I visit my mom in south Fl., I've never seen one lounging about but know they aren't too far away since there are so many bodies of water & canals all over. 

I will often see stories in the local news about gators going into peoples' pools & onto their porches.

Esteemed Contributor

We live in an outlying suburb in northern Connecticut.  In the past several years, we have more and more bear sightings.  We do live fairly close to two game refuge areas.  For the most part, they are looking for food.  Not everyone takes their bird feeders away in the warm weather or follows pleas to keep their trash inside until it is taken to the curb.  So it keeps the bears coming.

They have been known to knock down fences, and a few times have managed to break into homes.  They do walk through our yard once in a while.  No trash out or birdseed here to stay for.  

Respected Contributor

ScenicMaine...we have a small spot at the beach. You can’t get away from wildlife anywhere. The seagulls are everywhere and people continue to feed them. You aren’t supposed to feed gulls, but people think its a part of their vacation...just nuts. Then you see them lying dead by the side of the road coming into town, mashed on someone's windshield. For some reason, there are a lot of red fox in the beach areas as well...looking for food.  

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick   The red foxes are probably attracted to the dead seagulls.

We have an occasional young bear wander into town.  Several years ago one made it to a clinic where about 100 were in the waiting room, with the police and wildlife personnel in hot pursuit.  The bear used the automatic door and waltzed right into the waiting room.  Sure woke up a bunch of seniors and sent them scattering.  Imagine how scared the young bear was!  They managed to corner and dart him in an exam room.  Nobody hurt, ended wll.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I enjoy, the deer, rabbits, possums and other critters where I live, there is a nice field and a green belt  but I couldn't deal with alligators.......NO WAY!!!.....

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”