Trusted Contributor

It's Spring - where's Jim Shore

He always brought his very newest to QVC.  What's new for Spring? or do we have to wait for Christmas again?  I  always count the change in seasons by his appearing on QVC.  What gives?

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Spring - where's Jim Shore

I don't know if he's slated to appear any time soon, but I did see numerous non-Christmas items in stock.

Esteemed Contributor

For Jim Shore fans -  sometime last week, he was a guest on a Quilting show seen on the Create channel.  The man knows his quilting techniques; he was so interesting!  He spoke about his family connection to quilting and gave several references to the different quilting patterns. I was just clicking through channels and am not a quilter. I really enjoyed this show - he is just so mellow, down to earth and humble !

Super Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

He always brought his very newest to QVC.  What's new for Spring? or do we have to wait for Christmas again?  I  always count the change in seasons by his appearing on QVC.  What gives?

Jim Shore has his own web site called Jim Shore where you can always shop and it also has a subcatagory called NEW!.  You can find his latest creations there at any time.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Jim Shore pieces and every time we go home to South Carolina we go to a place that sells his creative ware. Im a money saver and often find his pieces on E-Bay and in the Gift Shop of our local hospital where I dont have to pay shipping. Mr Shore is so talented.

Trusted Contributor

I look on Jim Shore's web page for when his next appearance will be on QVC but that info is not  shown anymore so that's why I think he's being phased out slowly or only invited for the Christmas in July themed shows. There's just so many Santas and Angels you can buy before you get bored.  Seeing new stuff was always stimulating.   

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

I look on Jim Shore's web page for when his next appearance will be on QVC but that info is not  shown anymore so that's why I think he's being phased out slowly or only invited for the Christmas in July themed shows. There's just so many Santas and Angels you can buy before you get bored.  Seeing new stuff was always stimulating.   

I was thinking that he is being phased off Q as well. When he does appear, it is with just one or two pieces, or gets his own show in the middle of the night. 

Sorry to see him go, though I never purchased anything.

Respected Contributor

I think there is an over saturation of the availability/accessability he now has that can be found in too many stores, etc.  I have an extensive collection of his Halloween witches, coastal & Christmas pieces.  I don't see myself purchasing anymore as I have reached my limit.  If the world had more Jim Shores, it would no doubt be a better place; he is a tremendous person.  I feel QVC is trying to shift their viewers away from home decor shows.  VPH has been downgraded as well.  Far more less & less of those shows, unfortunately.  

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@newname0  According to his Facebook Page he was on March 2 6-8ET but it was just a guest spot on Your Home With Jill and not his regular shows he said.......I missed him too.  What I like about seeing him on QVC you get to hear the story and inspiration behind each piece, and sometimes he would have QVC exclusives that you couldn't get anywhere else at a good price too!! 

I guess I need to check his Facebook Page more often, he mentions his QVC appearances there.  You can also subscribe to an email newsletter on his website and there's also a phone app too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Funny he wasn't on with his Easter things.  They've had some of his items on Zulily.  Maybe they're phasing him out like so many others.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment