Honored Contributor

Re: It's Getting to be that Time...

That looks like a good house to visit.

Every December, we have the Christmas Old House tour when owners open their decorated houses to the pubic.  

All are very old colonials, farm houses, and some huge Victorians from the 18th century.

I haven't been in one that wasn't beautifully decorated.  No tours the past 2 years, so I'm looking forward to this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love it. Simple elegance.

Honored Contributor

I love decorating with simple greens.  Greens, lights, candles and ribbons.  Skip the hokey junk.

Honored Contributor

This would be enough holiday decorations for me period!  I do not like over the top decorating of every flat surface inside the house.   

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Every December, we have the Christmas Old House tour when owners open their decorated houses to the pubic.  

All are very old colonials, farm houses, and some huge Victorians from the 18th century.

I haven't been in one that wasn't beautifully decorated.  No tours the past 2 years, so I'm looking forward to this year.  

@Foxxee   There is a Christmas house tour by the historic society in town.  They are a collection of Victorian and old colonials also from the 1700s.  

Due to Covid, it was cancelled two years ago.  I had plans last year but I broke my toe the day before so I couldn't go....fingers crossed that I will be able to see it this year.

Hope you see the one in your town!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee   There is a Christmas house tour by the historic society in town.  They are a collection of Victorian and old colonials also from the 1700s.  

Due to Covid, it was cancelled two years ago.  I had plans last year but I broke my toe the day before so I couldn't go....fingers crossed that I will be able to see it this year.

Hope you see the one in your town!

@haddon9 

Ours is December 11-12.  I plan on going.  Will be thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Same here....mine is Dec. 3 Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just Right!!

Honored Contributor

What a superb entrance, beckoning you to the delights within.  Love the unforced look of the fresh, draping greens and festive ribbons.  That's got to be one great house!

Respected Contributor

Love that dentil molding -- how unusual on a porch!