Honored Contributor

It's Even Hard to Buy a Swing for the Yard Now

There are lots of them out there!  Too many to even know what to get!  I want a good sturdy and attractive swing on a metal stand, but wasn't thinking $900.  

I wasn't thinking $250 like the old one, but heck now I don't know what to buy!  I never had this problem before!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Even Hard to Buy a Swing for the Yard Now

@Sooner    Have you tried Lowe's; they're supposed to have them.  I gave one away because it took up too much room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Have you tried Lowe's; they're supposed to have them.  I gave one away because it took up too much room.

@Kachina624 Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Walmart and Ace Hardware.  I'm seeing so many from $199 to $1,000 and more. . . I have no idea what to buy!  Life didn't used to be this confusing.  

And everything now is that way.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

About 15 years ago we bought a handmade wooden swing for our front porch ( suspended ).  It is still going strong: handcrafted by the Amish.  They still have stores in Lancaster County, PA and brochures to detail all the different styles.  It is quality merchandise so the prices will be higher than at local big box stores.  If you call or Google, someone there may be able to,point you in the right direction for your state.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Sooner @Your climate should affect your choice.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Sooner 

About 15 years ago we bought a handmade wooden swing for our front porch ( suspended ).  It is still going strong: handcrafted by the Amish.  They still have stores in Lancaster County, PA and brochures to detail all the different styles.  It is quality merchandise so the prices will be higher than at local big box stores.  If you call or Google, someone there may be able to,point you in the right direction for your state.

@jlkz Glad you got a good one and thanks for the advice!  I am looking for a metal swing fame and a three-seater metal frame swing you can use with or without cushions.  They have a shade/top on them because it is going in the yard.