Honored Contributor

Re: It puts "PURGE" on a whole new level!

@tansywrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@tansywrote:

@Mominohio, Aren’t you ever nervous having the people come to the house? That’s why I tend to just give stuff away.

I almost burst out laughing one day when I saw a set of Temptations dinnerware for sale in an antique store. 

@tansy

The Facebook selling groups around here mostly have people meet up in public to pick things up. I've been meeting people in public parking lots like the mall.,in the middle of the day to make the exchange. 

I like this because they don't know where you live or what else you have. It's pretty anonymous.

Good to know, @Mominohio.  Maybe I can try it with some of my crafts stuff.  The money I’ve spent over the years...😕

@tansy @Mominohio  The FB groups are great and safe if you meet away from your home.  I sold a couple of wall mirrors a few years ago and the lady who purchased them has become an interesting FB friend.  I met her in a store parking lot during the day.  It's easy, free and  most listings sell fast.  Good for you, @Mominohio, you're on a roll, my friend.  Don't get carried away and sell the house too.  lol

Honored Contributor

Re: It puts "PURGE" on a whole new level!

@jackthebearwrote:

@mousiegirlwrote:

@CelticCrafterwrote:

@dex - your husband must be a distant relative of my husband.  It's either going to come in handy or be worth a lot of money one day.

I can tell you right now, all those old books he's been saving thinking they will be worth thousands will be going right to Goodwill or the library for their book sales.

If I go to throw something out, I have to wait until he's not here or hide it in the garbage.

@CelticCrafter  I had a very difficult time finding an organization that would accept books, Goodwill wouldn't, no one would until I finally found an organization which benefits Veterans and they took everything, even my practically new gas lawn mower.  

I am sure there were some valuable books in the enormous amount I donated, most were books my Mother had collected, many no longer in print, I assume.

look at betterworldbooks dot com and find a drop box in your neighborhood 

or try to sell on amazon

@jackthebear  The books were donated last year.