Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't the "wick" suppose to flicker on luminara candle?

@Mominohio

I agree I bought 2 Mirage candles today (2/$20).  You'd never know they weren't flickering wicks looks the same at a distance as the Luminara I just bought.

Hobby Lobby has them 50% off this week.  I think I'll go back & buy another.

Maybe Luminara is having issues like other products when first introduced great quality -- Temptations, cooks essentials, computers come to mind & once mass produced product goes slowly downhill🙁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio Love the primitive finish on battery candles, I have several of the black wick Candle Impressions done in different primitive colors I purchased on eBay & they look great with antiques. Luminara & Mirage have such a pretty glow but I can't get past that white plastic flame. 

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 I agree, they do have the look of a real candle & I have several that a eBay crafter did with a primitive finish that look really good with antiques. Maybe the Luminara style candle markers will come up with a replacement for the white flame, I think a puffed flame with realistic burnt color would make all the difference. I know, in my dreams so until then it's old school.

Respected Contributor

For the price of the Luminara, they should have a much lower failure rate.  They're supposedly the type that are used at Walt Disney World, but the WDW ones are apparently a much better quality candle than those sold to the general public.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

After reading this thread I was a little worried. I bought the four packs of Luminara in every size during CIJ. I never opened them and so today was the big day.  So far everyone I have used has worked.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

Sorry they didn't work out for you, returns are a pain. I don't really like candles with the plastic flame & prefer the black wick Candle Impressions...I can hear the raspberries now because they are so old school. I did cave & purchased 3 Luminaras with the embedded peppermint candies for 12.00 each to use with Christmas decorations on the fireplace mantle but that's it for me. My guess is the black wicks will be phased out, if it happens I'll miss them.

@kitcat51

I've owned some Candle Impressions candles, but I don't remember ever hearing the term "black wick". Is that the name of a certain kind of Candle Impressions candle? I'm curious to take a look at them.

ETA: DUH! I know what you mean. It took me a minute or two. I was having one of those senior moments. Actually a senior decade or two. Woman LOL