Honored Contributor

Isn't the "wick" suppose to flicker on luminara candle?

[ Edited ]

I received my first order of luminara candles.  I put new Duracell batteries in them. Ok they light up nicely BUT the don't "flicker" as shown in demos.

I have knock off style where the "wick" is stationery and has the same effect for 1/3rd the price.

If I tap them they "move gently" then stop after a few minutes.  I read all the directions - am I doing something wrong OR just my luck -- they're DUDS!!!!

thank you!

PS: if I knew how to post a video here I would to show you what I mean.

Contributor

Re: Isn't the "wick" suppose to flicker on luminara candle?

Hi,

What kind of Luminara candles do you have?  I have a pair of the candlestick Luminara's and if they are not level they won't flicker or move.  

Respected Contributor

Do you mean the white shaped flame is not moving? If so, then you do have a dud cause it's suppose to move.

Honored Contributor

I bought the 4 pkg of 6" pillars. I noticed that only 1 of 4 is flickering at this point & I did check to make sure they were flat when they didn't flicker & yes they are sitting on my DR table which I assume is level. (I wasn't sure if they needed to warm up).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51

yes only 1 is moving.  I can't show a good pic but it's just glowing, like the other candles I have. (The knock off ones have a simulated flickering motion but the wick is stationery).  Figures my luck🙄

Honestly, no difference for the $$$$ paid!  

IMG_2077.JPG

Respected Contributor

Send them back. They are supposed to flicker always. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought from QVC the most recent version but by Bethlehem lights - NOT Luminara and they don't flicker.  They also can be set on/off/timer on the top of the candle instead of turning it upside down.  Do you perhaps have the "B" instead of the luminara candle?  I won't buy  anymore of the "B" but they work - has a nice light - but no action.

Respected Contributor

I have never had any luck with Luminara candles.  Within a few months of use every one of them died.  Instead of glowing and the flame flickering, at some point they all started flashing and made a zapping noise.  I changed the batteries and within a few minutes, they started flashing again.  I purchased some from QVC and some from a local Christmas shop.  All of them quit working completely.  Hope you have better luck.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt

Definitely no I took them out of luminara boxes! I have a lot of Bethlehem lights are many many years old and are still working fine.  I wanted the flickering style for my lanterns -- just figures -- I have the worse luck!!!😤😳

And the price of 4 candles is definitely not worth keeping if they won't  flicker! Maybe I'll just send back get refund & go buy 1-2 at Bed Bath & Beyond with my 20% coupon.

I keep checking it nope NO flicker!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KentuckyWoman

Well after spending $20 on batteries and less than out of box 1 hour - I would say that's not lookin good!

lol

I wonder if they were a "return" being you need to buy in 4 pack.  1 appears to be working well at this point.