Honored Contributor

When we take Christmas down on 1/7, it will fee naked for a few days but it won't really be naked. It just takes 2 or 3 days to adjust.   It will be normal and that is how it will stay until I put some things out for Spring.  Real Spring.  As in mid March.  January and Feburary and even early March are winter in my world.   

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   The month of January is SOOOOO long for me too. Seems it lasts forever.  This morning while opening the drapes, I've already begun the process of putting away the candles in my windows. Later today, the lights in the tree (actuall hybiscus plant) will be taken down too.

Honored Contributor

It has been such a busy week, I never got around to putting things away.  That will be my project this weekend.  I dread it. I don't have a lot of stuff or a large house, but taking down the tree and putting away the few decorations that I have always makes me feel sad.

My front porch decorations are mostly just winter ones. I think I'll leave those a while longer.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

My house is always naked; I just don’t like decorative stuff.

Honored Contributor

Because I knew I'd be traveling with DH for his work right after Christmas, I didn't go *all out* with decorating.

I've put up 5 trees before in my rather small house.

This year I only did the one tall, flocked, slender one and decorated it with my St. Valentine's Day decorations before we left.  So that is there to greet us when we get home.

I also keep a two and a half foot tree up in my dining room bay year round.  It's that rather spindle-y looking kind with the branches done in an old mercury glass kind of color and it's decorated with glass ornament *desserts* (slices of pie, cupcakes, slices of three layer cakes and yummy looking cookies).  It doesn't scream Christmas, but it is festive looking all year.  It actually makes people crave sweets.  lol

Other than that, I didn't put much else out.  

I like my Christmas decorations, I'm very picky when choosing them.  After Christmas a tree really seems out of place and I don't like them in the daylight (especially bright sunlight) they seem so out of place, they look best at night.

I don't mind my house without the decorations, it doesn't look *naked*, it looks just right!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

My holiday stuff is still up.

Short season, decorated later than normal, and had dental work done today that I anticipate will leave me in pain for awhile, so didn't want to get into it and not feel like finishing it, that would drive me nuts. 

I instead started purging in the bedrooms, bathrooms and basement, since there is no decorating in those rooms, and I can do little bits based on how I feel the next few days, but not create a huge mess by tearing down holiday decor!

When it does all come down, the house does look empty, but anymore, I find it to be a 'good' empty. You know like that 'good' hurt when you exercise and get sore muscles! LOL

@Mominohio  - I hope your mouth feels better today.  I took down my Christmas decorations and my eyes are adjusting to the "good" empty that you mentioned.  I'm really going to try to decorate with fewer items.  This will be a real change for me.  Wish me luck!

Valued Contributor

My Valerie 5 foot snow kissed tree is still up and on right now.  I just love how it looks.  Someday, not sure when, I will tote it down into the basement and throw a sheet over top of it (dust cover) until next Christmas instead of taking apart and putting it back in its original carton.  

Respected Contributor

I took down all the decorations on New Year's Day, but sat down last night to watch TV and noticed  that I still have one flocked pine wreath hanging by the loveseat.  It's on a wood/iron piece that I purchased from Kirkland's.  I love how a wreath looks on top of wall art or a mirror.

Unfortunately, the box for the wreath is way in the back of my storage room with all the other items stacked in front, so getting that wreath down is my goal this weekend.

Once all the trees and garlands were gone, my house looked empty and clean again.  I love getting all the items up, but love when they are gone and packed away.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

So all the glitter friends that have so much glitter guess what?? just get some hairspray & spray on glittler it will stop the mess. Well went to dollar tree & just got a few things for front door. nothing in the house so no big deal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up  I have Valerie's 7 1/2 foot  glistening tree. Last year I didn't want to put it in the outside garage due to the Summer heat. I moved it into the dining room corner. It was so easy to put up this year so I returned it to its corner. 
   It's light but this way I don't even have stairs and don't use the dining room any more anyhow. I can also plug it in and enjoy it if wanted! LOVE THAT TREE!❤️😀