Esteemed Contributor

Our decorations and tree are still out, and will be throughout this month. Valentine/Spring decorations will be next, but there is always a few days inbetween, when it feels like a ghost town. I am strongly considering the Romance dinnerware pattern by Temptations, for my tablescape from Feb. until March.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I will just go to the dollar tree to put something out front if the weather ruins it fine didn't put out a lot of money. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in the process of taking Christmas decorations down but I have my winter decorations like snowmen, snowflake pillows in my living room that have a bit of sparkle & some snow trees (Valerie decor) that I'll keep up for most of the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I will just go to the dollar tree to put something out front if the weather ruins it fine didn't put out a lot of money. 

Excellent idea! I hadn't thought about that, but love saving money, so I think I will check them out, and see what I can find for outside. I make seasonal wreaths, so I might try to find some flowers and other things for that.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t take anything down until January 6th. Then I’ll put up Valentines. And in March change out curtains to spring and shortly after bring out Easter. 

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles  you should go to utube so many buy dollar tree things rip off stuff hot glue other things and so pretty, I'm not clever but I do have a glue gun and maybe try. I just keep it the way it is but still watching can't be that hard. I am going dollar tree tomorrow after my haircut in same shopping area. Saw on utube what the dollar tree has. I just need something cute for the front door, a little something to change it up 

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I'm with you.   I put out a few fall things and do a little decorating for xmas.   That's it for me.   I used to put out a few spring things but I decided today to give those away.  So, we are members of the minority. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel 

Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to see what they have.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

My house never looks naked.  My normal decorating items definitely keeps it from looking naked ever.  I have to put some of them away to make room for the Christmas decor.  I do not decorate for any season except Christmas (I like my regular decor too much) with the exception of a spring wreath to replace the winter on my porch and then a fall wreath.  Once the Christmas is gone, house is back to its normal rose, green and cream instead of red and green.

One thing tho, I have a lot more room once the two trees are down.

I am having sickness issues now and I did manage to undecorate the trees and DH moved them to storage.  He got out all the storage boxes and I have managed to re-box some of the items, but there is still much sitting out to be put away as I feel like it.  I hate having the mess, but oh well.

Super Contributor

Re: Is your house naked?

[ Edited ]

I decorate to reflect the seasons --  spring, summer, fall, and winter.  Winter just started on the 21st as I recall and the frosty stuff is staying up indoors until the the last leaves fall off my oaks.  That doesn't happen until the end of February.  Everthing is frozen solid outside, the days are still short, and pink just doesn't make it better, but the sparkle of lights and glitter makes it seem brighter until the longer daylight blurs them away.  I might bake some cookies for Valentine's.  Maybe not.