Honored Contributor

Yes my walls are bare-----didn't do any Xmas decors this year or a tree even--just moved back into my house from some major repairs being done and everything was still in storage or boxes. and the whole inside of the house got repainted too and am kind of reluctant to put holes in fresh sheetrock and paint.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is your house naked?

[ Edited ]

Update to my earlier post....

I took down the tree and all decorations that were specifically Christmas.  

I left three large poinsettias (artificial) on my front porch, along with a winter wreath.  

But here's the kicker!  I packed up our pre-lit, 6.5' artificial tree and posted it on a local site as "FREE to a loving home". A woman came within two hours and she was so delighted to have it. She asked me if it was broken in some way and I told her that we had simply decided it was too big for us.  She was so happy to get it - she almost skipped away, and I was just as glad to be rid of it.  If we put up a tree next year, it will be considerably smaller.  

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat  we have big trash once a month on Monday I have posted so many notes on things since we put it out Saturday morning a fish tank saying work great need a home, a old tv with all the info & remote control say need a new home I work great they replaced me. Just funny stuff and it is gone. Kind of like a recycle but locals know we all put stuff out a few days before the big trash truck comes & they take it. Just glad someone can use it & not going into a landfill

Honored Contributor

I took down all my holiday decor the Sunday after Christmas.  I was very happy to get my house back into order and what I consider normalcy.  When I bring stuff back out, I always rearrange so it looks different and fresh.