Honored Contributor

Re: Is this "tacky" ...re: realtor

There are ways and there are ways of marketing-some good and some totally "tacky."

She may have the same kind of people skills as her marketing strategies-none.

Just interested in her profit, not her customer.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

How is this even a topic of discussion? Just throw the card away and go about your day! Remember, life is short.......think happy thoughts and enjoy!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

How is this even a topic of discussion? Just throw the card away and go about your day! Remember, life is short.......think happy thoughts and enjoy!!

@ID2-

I can appreciate what you are saying but I think the things that happen to us every day are things we want, need, and like to talk about. If we don't get to talk about these things, then what? Or not talk at all?

And it seems the whole topic of the right way to market something with class is interesting to many, perhaps because we all encounter these situations in our lives every day.

Just because lots of seemingly small things matter to us, doesn't mean we can't appreciate lots of other things.

Its good to talk about things that are on our minds I think. Makes us feel like there are people out there besides ourselves. Also to share opinions (in a respectful way towards differences of course).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

The birthday card part is very tacky.  

We get cards and letters in the mail all the time from realtors offering their services if we were interested in selling or showing a house they recently old in our area.  I just throw them away.  Car dealers do similar things.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having been in real estate sales for many years in a sophisticated, educated marketplace of homeowners and prospective homebuyers, I would first state that "some" self-promotional marketing techniques do work, and others don't

Then, I would say that the best marketing for a real estate salesperson is to let people know what they are selling in the market, that they actually do make some sales in the neighborhood, and let everyone in that neighborhood know what they are accomplishing.

Sending "personalized" messages about a person's birthday is more of a turnoff ( to people who don't appreciate privacy invasions)  than a sales technique

.People don't care that you know their birthday..........they care about  the agent having a proven record of selling homes in the area to satisfied customers and clients.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Happy birthday today!

Image result for happy birthday flamingo animated gif

Honored Contributor

It's nothing personal, it's business! 

It gets personal if she rang your doorbell to personally wish your DH a happy BD.  Tacky?  Tackyness is in the eyes of the beholder. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It's a typical sales tactic used by people in insurance and realty businesses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im guessing she has a secretary/assistant who reads the BD list in the paper and then sends cards to everyone on the list.  Its a sales ploy, probably nothing less or nothing more.  Its too trivial to get bent out of shape about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Her business intentions shouldn't have been disguised in a birthday card. (How did she know his birthday anyway?)