Honored Contributor

Re: Is it time for some more cleaning, or house hold tips to make life easier?

Speaking of dusting...this duster is the bomb! It has a REMOVABLE WASHABLE dusting sleeve!  Replacements are available also. No extension handle but it picks up all dust...no kidding. Read the reviews on amazon...stellar!

FULL CIRCLE MICROFIBER DUSTER

312y4K06KjL._AC_UL320_SR180,320_.jpg

Honored Contributor

If you live in an environment where you have doors and windows open in the warm weather like we do (no central air!), at least once a week, take wet washcloths or microfiber cloths and wipe your screen doors (inside and out) and window screens (at least from the insides) as well as the window sills and door threshold. 

You'll be shocked at how dirty they can get, and every time the breezes blow, that mess is working its way onto your window treatments, and into your house (especially during pollen season).

Respected Contributor

i have not seen anyone mention that they use grease lightning to clean with. after cooking on stove give it a spray let it sit a couple minutes and cleaning stove is a brezze. it works awesome even on a stuck baked on baking dish. spray it and put in dish washer or hand wash it .you can buy it in regular store or bjs sells it buy the gallon plus another full spray bottle included for 10 bucks.i have moved stove and refrigerator.floor can be nasty under appliances vacuum and spray and wipe comes out clean with no scrubbing.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio,

Yes, I know how dingy screens can get...the sudsy water turns black when I do mine! I think it's a combination of dirt and soot from traffic. I wash all my windows and screens twice a year. I love sparkling, clear windows!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

i have not seen anyone mention that they use grease lightning to clean with. after cooking on stove give it a spray let it sit a couple minutes and cleaning stove is a brezze. it works awesome even on a stuck baked on baking dish. spray it and put in dish washer or hand wash it .you can buy it in regular store or bjs sells it buy the gallon plus another full spray bottle included for 10 bucks.i have moved stove and refrigerator.floor can be nasty under appliances vacuum and spray and wipe comes out clean with no scrubbing.

Believe it or not, damp microfiber rags will get grease off a stove.........yes, just water.

Respected Contributor

Another tip.........wax paper. After you clean your stainless faucets in the kitchen and bath, rub a piece of wax paper over what you just cleaned and it will stay nice for several days. The wax repells the water and keeps the shine.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234,

I never heard of that wax paper thing. I will try it. Thanks.Woman Happy

I have been using RAIN-X on my sink/bath fixtures and also on my glass shower doors. Water repels them very nicely.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Rainex!  What a great idea!  I have a large SS sink and it's forever splattered with hard water stains.  I wonder if it's also safe on my guest bathroom counter, which also suffers from the hard water splatters.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

When my scented candles get too low for me to feel safe burning them, I scrape them into a plastic cup that I keep in the cupholder of my car. The temps here are often triple digits and the candle makes the car smell wonderful.

~ house cat ~